What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want the new iPhone 4S ~ But I got the Samsung Galaxy SII !

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I can't figure out though is how to block my number. We need our numbers blocked due to the typed of clients we deal with. On the BB you just go into settings and check "block number on out going calls" Too easy, but with this phone I am not seeing it. :(

The awesome Mods over at the Samsung Galaxy forum I joined, said I may need to call T-Mobile and have them do it. First priority in the morning!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my phone! I love it! Of course I have only had it not even an hour!
Good, I'm glad. In 30 days I will HAPPILY rid myself of Android and Samsung. But to each their own. :D I know the SII has great specs. Anything that says Galaxy S, after my POS, makes me shudder though.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ~ I have not stomped it yet, babe. I infact....( don't tell anyone or I will have to kill you )

I actually paid my monthly charge yesterday of $60!

What was I thinking?? So technically ~ I have to working phones. :(

Idea: You could create a poll on how best to destroy your POS BB.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Idea: You could create a poll on how best to destroy your POS BB.
I also want to destroy my POS Samsung (Galaxy S I, ironically) on November 20th when I get my 4S. But knowing my parents, they will refuse to let me do that. "What if your iPhone breaks and you need to get it fixed, you need a back-up". lol

But yeah, I don't think blocking your number on an Android phone is that easy. I think you'll definitely have to call Tmo.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can do it in setting go to call setting then to addition settings then to caller ID click on hide number

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

This worked, babe. I forgot to come and tell you!

Have another one for you.....

I want to get rid of the locked screen. It goes to sleep then I have to wake it up and then go to home page. How can I disable the locked screen thingy? I am going to wear out that side button!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This worked, babe. I forgot to come and tell you!

Have another one for you.....

I want to get rid of the locked screen. It goes to sleep then I have to wake it up and then go to home page. How can I disable the locked screen thingy? I am going to wear out that side button!
I'm not sure you can disable it. You can change it to look different in the settings, but I'm pretty sure you can't get rid of it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You get edge coverage when there's no 4G where you happen to be. Same with 3G phones. The phones automatically pick up the best signal they can get.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why did you get Samsung? What were the reasons? Why didn't you like the iPhone? Just interested to know! A colleague has bought one through a contract and I played with it but I still prefer my iPhone.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original Galaxy S which was apparently a decent phone on every carrier but Verizon, which I have. For the last 6 months (I've had the phone since September of 2010) it has been like the worst phone ever. I can't even turn ON 3G because it drains the battery (and I live in an area with good coverage; no one else in my family has this problem) at an astronomical rate. It usually doesn't ring and goes right to voicemail. I usually don't get texts. The touchscreen has become almost non responsive. Boo.

The new Galaxy SII seems awesome, though. Way different than my POS phone. But what I personally don't like about it is the huge screen. I think the iPhone is a perfect size for a phone. But I also have an iPad so I don't need a huge screen on my phone.

I know you didn't ask me, but thought I'd throw in my $0.02 :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts