What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want the new iPhone 4S ~ But I got the Samsung Galaxy SII !

Status
Not open for further replies.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be back to address this, Rich! What carrier did you go with?
I'm on Verizon. They're coverage/service is a lot better in my area. Check AT&T too though. If you were to get an iPhone 4 you'd have to choose between the two as they weren't made to work with both CDMA (Verizon) and GSM (AT&T). If you did get a CDMA iPhone 4 I think it will work with Sprint now...but you'd have to check.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So instead of holding out for the Samsung Galaxy Note, I've picked up a 4S. I'll see how much I like it, then swap out if the Note gets great reviews, whenever Samsung gets around to selling it in the U.S.

Siri and I are making friends, but when I asked for a beer, all she did was spit out the names of a bunch of bars nearby.

I'm liking the 64 GBs, though.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll need at least the 32 which will not go over well with my parents, who are generously buying my Christmas present early because I have no money. With all of the pics and video I'm sure to take I don't think 16 will be enough. Oddly 16 works just fine for my iPad though.

32days...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got good news: http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20111019/BIZ/111019001/C-Spire-Wireless-offer-Apple-s-iPhone-4S?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

My provider will be getting the iPhone 4S since it's CDMA.

It's also now on their website.

Our contract is up in February and we'll be able to upgrade our phones. Have already started to look at what they're offering.

Have been wanting an iPhone since I learned how to work an iPad. But they were never available for our phone system. Now they will be!

Hopefully prices will come down by February a bit.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a question that may have already been answered elsewhere.

We're going to come up against this when we upgrade phones in Feb., hopefully to the iPhone 4S.

I have an iPad, my wife has an iPad. We each have our own iTunes account on our own laptops.

When we get the iPhone, will it be possible to keep the iPhone and iPad stuff (apps, music, docs) separate when we sync (me on my computer and iTunes account and my wife on hers)?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a question ... [little snip] ...When we get the iPhone, will it be possible to keep the iPhone and iPad stuff (apps, music, docs) separate when we sync (me on my computer and iTunes account and my wife on hers)?

Oh, absolutely no problem, as TheRambler pointed out - if you keep the device names different. I have an iPhone, an iPad1 and an iPad2 on my iTunes account, all of which share the same account/apps. I just sync them differently, depending on device it is. So far, knock on wood, I've had zero trouble.

Marilyn

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, I just found instructions for making Siri pronounce your name correctly when it talks to you.

Found them on another site (yes, there's other sites), so I know I can't post a link.

Not sure if it'd be against copyright to repost the instructions here or not.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, I just found instructions for making Siri pronounce your name correctly when it talks to you.

Found them on another site (yes, there's other sites), so I know I can't post a link.

Not sure if it'd be against copyright to repost the instructions here or not.
You have a PM. Let's see what we can do. :)

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
It will be very sexy! I will live precariously through you, now! I think this is the phone I am getting:

Samsung Galaxy S II Android Smartphone

It is $530, no contract, no credit check, unlimited everything, $70 a month.

that's a very good phone you will be happy with it .its even a little better then the iPhone 4s from some of the reviews I seen on YouTube .
the 4.3 screen is what you will love. I have android phone the g2x that Ia happy with I think is as good as the new iPhone

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts