What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i pad stopped syncing to mac book pro?

magnoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a my new i pad for a few weeks has been working great until last night know can not sync it to mt mac book pro? have tried re-setting I pad updated I tunes and mac os? The system profiler does see the Ipad on the usb port.

It will sync to my my desktop to my mac pro..

Plus I can not access the I tunes store any more from the I pad?

tried everything I know of?

HELP

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, go to Settings >> Store. Sign out and then back into your account.

I've not way of knowing for sure what you mean by reseting, so I offer the following as well.

Shut it down and start it again. Just hold down he power button until you get a Power Off slider, and slide it. Once it completely shuts down start it again by pressing the power button for about 3 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears.

If that does not work, do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home button until the apple logo appears. Takes 10 to 15 seconds. Let them go and wait for it to reboot. That can take a couple minutes.

Make sure your MacBook is Authorized in iTunes. Go into iTunes and choose Authorize This Computer under the Store menu. Don't worry, if it is already authorized it will just tell you so after you enter the password.

You said something about syncing with you desktop. I'm not sure what you meant by this, but you should know that you can only sync your iPad through one computer. If you recently started syncing it through your desktop you essentially told it not to sync with you MacBook anymore. In order to get it to sync with the MacBook, you will have to give up syncing it with the desktop.

Be careful if/when you switch the computer you sync with. Get the manual a make sure you know how to transfer your content onto the new computer before you do it.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPad_User_Guide.pdf

Most reactions

Latest posts