What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad not sync had to reinstall I tunes

magnoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its seems like every other day my I pad stops syncing and I have to throw out
I tunes and reinstall it. Its not a big deal but it is getting to be a pia? Anyone know why this keeps happening?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of Forum members experience problems with sync'ing with iTunes. One member has a tag line - "Think before you sync or you may sink" and that about sums it up. Several people have questioned the need to continually sync with your PC. My iPad was connected to my PC the day I bought it and I've never connected it again since.

OK - suppose my iPad goes down and I have to restore it to its original factory settings. The iTunes store has details of all the apps, videos and music that I've bought and I can simply download them again at no cost.

The only thing I'd loose would be documents that I'd authored on the iPad. So I use the Apple MobileMe iDisk cloud server that allows me to upload documents, photos, contacts and calendars between the iPad and my PC over WiFi or 3G - no iTunes in sight.....

Tim
Scotland

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. I hardly ever sync my iPad anymore. Most of the files and documents I need I can transfer wirelessly to cloud, and there's nothing else I need which requires iTunes.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum Magnamon We are here to help you so pease answer the following questions.....
1) what brand of computer are you using? Macintosh or PC
Is it a laptop or tower
2) what is the internal ram?
3 how old is the computer?
4) what OS are you using and is it 32bit or 64 bit?
5) are you running any virus protection software?
6 do you have a firewall activated?

Let's see if I can assist ok. I have so many users both old clients and customers where I work using iPhones, iPods , iPads whom back up some times weekly and sync without issue.

Yes users do have problems we understand that but before we blame Apple one should understand that your hardware can be the issue.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts