What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't sync i-phone contacts with i-pad 2 via i-cloud

orsett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought my wife a new i-pad and all is fine apart from the inability to sync her existing i-phone contacts to the new i-pad via i-cloud. We have checked that the i-cloud settings on the i-pad are all switched to "on" and my wife has created a new i-cloud account (using the gmail account that she wished to sync), but when she selects Contacts from the home screen all we can see is an empty address book.

Apart from concluding that she has no friends, are there any other obvious explanations for this, or does she need to register her i-pad and sync contacts via i-tunes if she has not previously maintained an i-cloud account?

Thanks for any suggestions.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You mention gmail, has she got her iPhone syncing contacts from gmail via exchange ? If so you don't want to use iCloud but just set the iPad up the same way the iPhone is.

Most reactions

Latest posts