What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a lawyer!

ipadrobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please see my previous post:
I had to remove the link to the previous post.
That says a lot. The more I think about the Pad and how it is sold the more mad I become. This Ipad was a Christmas gift. I could not make it work. There was ZERO support. There are people coming around now saying that there is a PDF or a manual somewhere, but that should be Apple's job.
I am not new to computers. I have been buying Toshiba laptops for the company for years. They work, have great support, and after I leave the store or the UPS guy walks away, no one cares who we are or if we can pay for any additional programs and we do not have to go to the Windows store to download software or go there to make laptops work.
The more I think about my experience with Ipad and Apple, the more I want to know why.
My family purchased the Ipad from Target. Target is not the most high tech store. Maybe that was the problem. I went to the local Best Buy this morning. I ask the sales rep how much extra does it cost for a working Ipad. At first he said that all Ipads work. I offered him a $100.00 cash to pul one out of the box and show me. We all know how that went.
Why hasn't the DOJ or a smart young lawyer slapped Apple with a Class Action for the Ipad. Why can't you sync it with Windows Media, Real Player, Nero or something else. When you purchase the thing you should own it. JB

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I suggest you return it to the store.
Next year there are going to be at least 20 new type of Tablets.
Some of them are going to be Open like window 7 .

So if you wait, you can avoid connecting your iPAD to program named iTune, which every
one agree that it is a real disaster , but again on that one you need only to sync music and applications.

If you decide not to return it, then be cool. Hold your breath. install iTune. Connect you iPAD once, and start enjoying.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait a second here.

Are you SERIOUSLY saying you want to SUE Apple because they make you use iTunes to sync the iPad?????

Let me collect myself here for a second..........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Really? Is it really that much of a problem? Just install iTunes, it might not be the best software out there, but it will get your iPad working at least.

Or, you can return it, and buy an Android tablet which does not require iTunes or any other particular software, but it's not as simple to use as the iPad. Also I would suggest waiting a few months for the next generation tablets to come out, as they should function much better than the current generation.

Oh, and yes, you do OWN the device, by that I mean the physical hardware, however you are under an EULA (end user license agreement) for the software on the iPad. So you have no right to sue because the software doesn't function as you expected. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you follow the 3 steps included with the iPad?

1. Install iTunes on your computer
2. create an account
3. Plug in your iPad

Target isn't going to have a clue
Best Buy will send you to the Geek Squad and probably charge you

Call Apple support, you may have to wait 5 to 10 minutes but then you talk to a live person to walk you through these steps. They are always very nice and knowledgeable for me.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Technically, the only time you are forced to use Itunes as far as I know is to install firmware updates which in themselves are not mandatory. Perhaps you need to use it the first time you plug the iPad in as well. I have been using Media Monkey for years with my iDevices to organize and transfer my music. Last time I looked there were WinAmp plugins that worked with iDevices as well.

I do agree however that a printed manual would be a nice touch. We bought my 70 year old mother an Ipad for Christmas. Those things that seem so easy and intuitive to me are not so for her. In the end I printed a copy of the manual, but for her at least a quick start guide would have been a nice touch.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not new to computers, but can't figure out an iPad??? wow, something is wrong here lol

I'm not following the OP here. The iPad is a device, such like a cellphone. It comes setup the same from the factory, and its the USERS job, to set it up to function the way they want per their lifestyle..

and the sync issue.. I assume he's talking music media?? If you own it, and have setup a good file system on your computer, then letting iTunes find your music is a breeze, same with uploading music. He just must not be an experinced PC user.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First... Welcome to these forums.
Before we continue, go to the place that you almost always go for the current support for almost every product you use, especially tech products . . .

The support page for the specific product on the web pages of the manufacturing company.

In this case for example,
That is where you will find that mysterious elusive manual, and others, and in depth help on pretty much every feature and function that is on your new iPad.
. . . There was ZERO support. There are people coming around now saying that there is a PDF or a manual somewhere, but that should be Apple's job.
Well, it appears that Apple agrees with you.
. That manual is right there on their support page for the ipad.

. . . and ZERO support? really? That is not entirely accurate.
If, somehow, the links from this support page don't answer your problems,
You have 90 days of free phone support available, starting from purchase point.

Unfortunately, as with the other things you mentioned, there IS a drawback. . .
You actually have to locate a phone you can use,
plus you are forced to dial or initiate the call yourself.

I am off to take another holiday nap right now, but I will be back in a bit, to discuss your other main complaint.
We will cover briefly the initial setup of an iPad,
and maybe why you can't just fuel your car with air, or leaves gathered from your yard. I'll be back in a bit.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are people coming around now saying that there is a PDF or a manual somewhere, but that should be Apple's job.
You mean this?

Apple - Support - Manuals

userguide.jpg

Why can't you sync it with Windows Media, Real Player, Nero or something else. When you purchase the thing you should own it. JB

This is also on the Apple website in the Tech Specs for the iPad --

ipad70.jpg

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm tired of having to manually download the movies and tv shows that I like. Why doesn't Apple know this already? They should just include my favorite shows and movies and update automatically without me having to plug it into iTunes. Oh and I shouldn't need internet access to do all that either. It should work my E-mosis (the new age version of osmosis).

If I don't get what I've asked for, I'm getting a lawyer and I'm going to SUE!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With respect to the OP I think you are on the wrong track and running off the rails as what you are saying makes no sense. This is NOT a personal attack just a comment on the issue.
1) The instructions are plain and simple as SBHOKC stated regardless what platform you are using. The instructions are provided with the iPad
2) complete instructions on how to use iTunes is in the menu ( see help)
3) regard support zero ??? Excuse me you have 30 days phone support if needed not to mention the Apple web site which provides every thing you need.
4) The Apple store. Out of the box the iPad along with all I devices require a computer plus iTunes to register. No employee of an Apple store or for that matter any retailer will be allowed to process a brand new iPad unless YOU are buying it. If you did purchase the ipad they will activate it with in 5 minutes if required. However in saying that it was purchased from Target.
5). Once you have activated the iPad and loaded what ever content you want there is no need to connect the iPad to the computer unless you wish to back it up and or sync multiple devices such as another iPhone, iPod , Apple TV etc. I have not used my MacBook for months except for back up. I down load direct to the iPad most of my apps , movies and songs and do not use iTunes on the Mac hardly at all. It is by far the easiest computer or mobile device I have used ever and yes it is a computer...............
6) let's look at some facts as of December 2010 apple has sold since 2001
- 260 million IPods
- 10 million iPads estimated as of dec 30
- 50 million iPhone 3
- 40 million iPhone 4. Approx as of now
Users world wide are downloading from iTunes EVERY DAY17 million apps and approx 10 million songs.

Now if in fact it is soooooo hard to buy an iPad or any idevice phones included and download iTunes on windows or mac then activate it can some one please explain why millions of users do not seem to have any problems.

What i do not understand is the OP is suppose to be an experience user of windows and Toshiba so why is it so hard for some one whom is experienced to activate and use an iPad when even a 70 or even a 12 year old non experience user can do it with out issues. That does not make sense.
Go get a lawyer loose every thing you own. Sell your ipad buy a toshiba touch laptop and you will be in heaven ...... Maybe

One more thing I am not saying iTunes is perfect as we all know it has issues with windows platform and is overloaded with content but with respect I believe Apple will resolve a lot of these issues in 2011

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
. With respect to the OP I think you are on the wrong track and running off the rails.

..."running off the rails" I've never heard this expression, Colin. I like it. It doesn't sound very favorable. It's my new saying!

It is a Aussie expression... I keep forgetting this is a US site lol Generally it means making statements that have been made with out thinking or understanding what one is saying Often done when one is in a rage or totally upset about something which I believe is the case here but I could be wrong. It by no means is an attack on the OP

Last edited by a moderator:

T6D16C84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bad troll is bad? If this isn't a troll post then wow......you claim to be tech savvy but couldn't figure out how to install iTunes and plug the iPad into the USB on the corresponding computer. You should return the iPad, not because of the issues you describe but because it appears it is actually smarter than you and you will not be able to figure out how to use it and thus should take it back.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If he simply said he couldn't figure out how to install iTunes, I wouldn't be that surprised, there are quite a few people in this world who would have difficulty doing it.

But the simple fact that he says "I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!" is what makes me laugh.

Most reactions

Latest posts