What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a lawyer!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bad troll is bad? If this isn't a troll post then wow......you claim to be tech savvy but couldn't figure out how to install iTunes and plug the iPad into the USB on the corresponding computer. You should return the iPad, not because of the issues you describe but because it appears it is actually smarter than you and you will not be able to figure out how to use it and thus should take it back.

After my post earlier I was thinking about this as well. Any person that describes themselves to be an I.T. type of person and can't take the 3 steps that even include pictures to open up the iPad must be a pot stirring troll? Something just does not add up. Why would anyone with ANY PC experience go to Target for information?

I want the E-mosis thing as soon as you can please!!!!!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So by your little anecdote I assume you lost $100.

Mine works, my GFs works fine, as does my brothers, and every friend and colleague I know that has one. Did you mean you would give him $100 if he could produce an iPad that will sync with Windows Media Player? If so the clerk is a moron and deserves to lose the "bet".

As for the manual...go into safari and there is a bookmark for the manual...its not apples fault you can't follow the simplest of instructions.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why Spend Money On A Lawyer?

Please see my previous post:
I had to remove the link to the previous post.
That says a lot. (What is it saying?) The more I think about the Pad and how it is sold the more mad I become. This Ipad was a Christmas gift. I could not make it work. There was ZERO support. There are people coming around now saying that there is a PDF or a manual somewhere, but that should be Apple's job. (The iPad experience--for lack of a better phrase, starts when you turn it on and see the graphic of a moving dongle cord being inserted into the iPad. Only one piece of paper is included in this very elegant packaging, that alone should have given you some clue that you are about to experience something different.)

I am not new to computers. I have been buying Toshiba laptops for the company for years. (Buying technology does not make you a technical expert. Sure, you know how Toshibas work BECAUSE you have used this product, as you say, 'for many years.' So why not take the time to become familiar with a new, heretofore, unfamiliar technology?) They work (--yes Toshia laptops work BUT you also have some prep work before you can deploy your laptop in your work environment, doesn't your company have a desk side support team that customizes your Toshiba Laptops to enable them to work in your work environment?) , have great support, and after I leave the store or the UPS guy walks away, no one cares who we are or if we can pay for any additional programs and we do not have to go to the Windows store to download software or go there to make laptops work. (huh? Do you tell your endusers to go and download any program they want to in order to make it work? Does your company provide a company wide subscription to popular Windows programs such as MS Office? Where do you think these programs come from?)
The more I think about my experience with Ipad and Apple, the more I want to know why. (Yes, that is the proverbial question: Why does Apple have its own OS? Why hasn't Microsoft or Intel or Toshiba offer tablets like the iPad?)
My family purchased the Ipad from Target. Target is not the most high tech store. (and that should have given you a clue that both companies, believe this product can be sold off the shelf with little support from Target.) Maybe that was the problem. I went to the local Best Buy this morning. I ask the sales rep how much extra does it cost for a working Ipad. At first he said that all Ipads work. I offered him a $100.00 cash to pul one out of the box and show me. We all know how that went. (huh? how did that go? are you now impugning the reputation of another large American company? If you tell a sales person, I'll give you $100 if you can show me a working iPad, when Best Buy has at least 3 iPads on display--would probably negate any desire on the part of the sales person to help you. Your offer to pay that sales person $100 could be construed as bribing and puts that individual at risk of loosing his job.)

Why hasn't the DOJ or a smart young lawyer slapped Apple with a Class Action for the Ipad. (As you say, lawyers are smart professionals, they go where they have the most success and highest potential of winning big bucks. Apple is the world's 2nd largest corporation, do you not believe that they have a team of lawyers watching out for Apple's good name? You really have to work very HARD to find an issue that would or could have class action status on litigation.) Why can't you sync it with Windows Media, Real Player, Nero or something else (because all of these apps are Windows apps and to run them, you would need Windows OS running. Apple has similar programs that do what Windows Media (Video App), Real Player (IPOD), etc. You have so many choices in the Apple world to get the best apps that will work for you.) When you purchase the thing you should own it. (you do own it and that iimplies you have some responsibility to do some research, some self tutorials on the iPad. And dare I say it, coming to a place like this forum to get assistance. As BrennB told you in your other note, if you have any ability to get over your anger, you will find all of us willing to help you.) JB

I have appended your comments by adding bold to your ascertions above.

Threatening someone, be it individual or company, with a lawsuit stops any hope for a meaningful resolution to the problem. Unfortunately, too many people in the USA believe that litigation is an alternative to taking personal responsibility to be informed on a product that is 100% completely different from the PC World. As a PC person ipadRobert, you have to work extra hard to figure out how this product works, because it is different than what you know. Becoming a well informed iPad consumer is not Apple's job, this is your job.

And isn't that a good thing? You have a product that it seems a lot of people around the world want. This forum would be overwhelmed if every single person had the same unintelligible issues that is preventing you from successfully using it. But those individuals that have a similar experience as yours, have not posted these problems that you have angrily promoted as a class action lawsuit. Why is that?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He was saying it should work out of the box without having to hook it into a computer first. That was the bet.

OK, well when I bought mine for my brother I asked the Apple store people if they could activate it if he didn't have access to a computer and they said yes.

Have you ever gone to a store and been able to just purchase a phone and start talking? There is a degree of activation for any mobile device. I would say buying an advanced piece of technology from Target is the first problem.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Extremely well put MattIM!!! I have never owned a Mac of any kind and these Apple products that I own have been the easiest and most reliable computer related products I have EVER owned. I will be purchasing at least one Mac this year. I set up a MacBook Air for a friend the day after Christmas and it took less than 5 minutes.

In my industry as well, the second you get someone spouting off about getting a lawyer, I stop everything and pull my associate and inform the customer that if they wish to purchase from me that they will now have to go through my lawyer. It always stops them in their tracks.

All of this for something so simple!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks SBHOKC

I find this thread to be challenging to reply to someone in the face of frustration and anger. I hope that ipadRobert reads this thread with some kind of intelligence that someone in his position must have in his company, unless of course he is a low-level clerk that processes purchase orders and they happen to be buying Toshiba laptops. (It takes all kinds of workers to make a company--not putting down clerks.)

In that case I am assuming a lot!

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find this thread to be challenging to reply to someone in the face of frustration and anger. I hope that ipadRobert reads this thread with some kind of intelligence that someone in his position must have in his company, unless of course he is a low-level clerk that processes purchase orders and they happen to be buying Toshiba laptops. (It takes all kinds of workers to make a company--not putting down clerks.)

In that case I am assuming a lot!

I wouldn't hold my breath!!:D

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sent from my iPad while riding my BMW K1200RS listening to my iTouch - hahahahahahahaa wow

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the OP's thought process, I should be able to sue Ford Motor Company because I got a ticket for my car not going the speed limit out of the box, and McDonalds because I actually had to order before they gave me what I wanted...

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the OP's thought process, I should be able to sue Ford Motor Company because I got a ticket for my car not going the speed limit out of the box, and McDonalds because I actually had to order before they gave me what I wanted...

I love the analogies.

If my 12 oz coke ever feels like it's not 12 oz than I may seek counsil!

I think we lost the OP! Either that or we are all getting sued?

Most reactions

Latest posts