What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my new Tapatalk App!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At first I was like 'I am not paying 5 bucks for a forum app!!!' But I broke down yesterday and did it. I love how you can have all of your forums in one place rather than switching from app to app and I would forget to check the other forum apps.

Only prob so far is that I seem to have to re-login to each section of the iPadforums.com which is annoying. Maybe something needs to be adjusted in settings...

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64FB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where are you logging in on the app? I ask because I, too, use the Tapatalk app and I only have to log in once. Well, had to log in once - I never log off when I'm done visiting my subscribed forums; I just close the app... Whenever I go back to a forum (once, twice, four, five times a day :)), i'm always logged in.

So, if we can figure out how you're logging in, maybe we can keep you logged in...

Marilyn

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, it's a great app! I wouldn't have bought it if it were only for a few forums, but the number of supported forums made it worth the money.

Yes, check the settings, I have been using this app for days and never had to re-login, I never log out, gotta be a missed setting somewhere.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love my Tapatalk,too. Its been very handy for me when the forum apps are not connecting properly when I am in remote locations. I don't the issue of logging in either. I do know that the tapatalk just went through an update regarding logging in, but what you are having sounds different.

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love my Tapatalk,too. Its been very handy for me when the forum apps are not connecting properly when I am in remote locations. I don't the issue of logging in either. I do know that the tapatalk just went through an update regarding logging in, but what you are having sounds different.

I think I have to straightened out. Working fine now. Dunno what I did or what happened lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I think I have to straightened out. Working fine now. Dunno what I did or what happened lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Alright, TLB...you're on business now! :)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tapatalk and I just get confused using it. Maybe I'm just too old, I don't know but I don't understand the need. Maybe on an iPhonoe but on an iPad? To me it's just as easy to use a browser and enter the Forum.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have tapatalk and I just get confused using it. Maybe I'm just too old, I don't know but I don't understand the need. Maybe on an iPhonoe but on an iPad? To me it's just as easy to use a browser and enter the Forum.

Hi Hook--

When I am up at our cottage the tapatalk app seems to load quicker for me than the IPF apps and the websites. It has been my "go to" app whenever loading times on the others are slow, especially when I use my mifi 3G device.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I like Tapatalk too ( although I have found it more convenient to sometimes go back to the forum app to more easily check on some things) But just to confirm, are you also referring to TapatalkHD which I spent more money on? I ask only because I really don't like it as much as the regular Tapatalk. Seems to be another example you see often in "upgrades": one step forward, two steps backward.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Alright, TLB...you're on business now! :)

Only bad thing about it is that it is difficult to see replies / subscriptions on Tapatalk!! Maybe I need to play around with it more.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The OB said:
I like Tapatalk too ( although I have found it more convenient to sometimes go back to the forum app to more easily check on some things) But just to confirm, are you also referring to TapatalkHD which I spent more money on? I ask only because I really don't like it as much as the regular Tapatalk. Seems to be another example you see often in "upgrades": one step forward, two steps backward.
Regards, Andrewddc28

I have HD. I didn't know there was a regular one.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the iPhone version (the non-HD one). Mainly because I can't do moderating duties on the HD version [yet...]. But - I tried the HD version and discovered I like the iPhone app better. It could be that I got used to the layout and, after the HD was released, I just couldn't get used to the differences. You know - the "old dog can't do new tricks" thing." :)

Regardless, I like the phone app better. It's universal so you don't have to 2X it. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only bad thing about it is that it is difficult to see replies / subscriptions on Tapatalk!! Maybe I need to play around with it more.

You can easily see those on the little thumbs up/ favourites icon at the bottom which will show the number of new posts you are subscribed to.
Regards, Andrew

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Regards, Andrew

I use the phone version of tapatalk. Super Moderator, Marilyn, told us about it and how much she liked it for getting on the forum and also to moderate. I have to agree with her that this app is very helpful and easy to use. I'm really glad I bought it, since it saved me a few times when the other forum apps timed out on me and I lost my comments I just typed.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:

This is what I see on the phone version for my subscriptions. As you can see, it's pretty easy to see my threads I participated in.

image-3192826285.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts