What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with sky GO app and jailbreak.

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just jail broke my iPad 3 yesterday, and have already fell in love with the few tweaks I've already installed. But I have a dilemma, I also use the SKY GO app a lot (daily) and since the jailbreak have got the notification 'this app is not supported on jail broken devices' ... To me this seems kinda dumb as what does it have to do with SKY what kinda software you are running on any kind of device you use to stream the services you PAY to use? Is there any way around this as I'd really like to keep both..

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try searching for and installing the Cydia tweak xCon. This is a free tweak that, from what I read, allows the iPad to tell Sky Go that it's okay to run. There is also a paid tweak, xCon Alias ($2.00, USD), that makes certain that once an app is patched, any further updates to that app will not affect your iPad.

I don't use it, so I can't guarantee it. I can tell you that, from what I've read, people have said it works.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
Chantelle310

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try searching for and installing the Cydia tweak xCon. This is a free tweak that, from what I read, allows the iPad to tell Sky Go that it's okay to run. There is also a paid tweak, xCon Alias ($2.00, USD), that makes certain that once an app is patched, any further updates to that app will not affect your iPad.

I don't use it, so I can't guarantee it. I can tell you that, from what I've read, people have said it works.

Good luck.

Marilyn

This worked a dream Marilyn thank you. As the free tweak worked I'm going to go ahead and get the paid app to protect me against any updates on the app
Once again thank you. I love this forum.

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm running iPad 3 5.1.1 jail broken with absinthe 2.0.4 and have the same sky go error I tried to install xcon 37- beta ( is this the newest 1) but my sky go but will still not work please any help .

OP
Chantelle310

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the xcon I have installed if this helps. Works perfectly fine for me.
5ad0680a-8927-4d76.jpg
5ad0680a-893b-ac0e.jpg

OP
Chantelle310

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just helps to bypass any detection from any app that will not work properly/or at all because your I device is jail broken.

adam9456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chantelle310 said:
It's just helps to bypass any detection from any app that will not work properly/or at all because your I device is jail broken.

Thanks for reply :)

OP
Chantelle310

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had no problems with my phone either. But for some reason this was all I got from the shy go app as soon as I jailbroke
5ad0680a-2947-c107.jpg

Xcon worked a treat though and haven't had any problems stall since installing the tweak. Hope it works for you too.

adam9456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How it will show if any app not work properly/not at all..?

Most reactions

Latest posts