What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have trouble updating to iOS7.0.4

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there, I have trouble updating my ipad to the newest firmware due to stupid internet. Even with iTunes. Does anyone have a link or website where I can download and after download how do I use iTunes to update it with the downloaded firmware somewhere in my PC. Thank u in advance.

P.s. It is for my ipad2 gsm. It seems a very big file the update ...anyone knows how big?

Last edited:

rajesh1108

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Download the IOS firmware IPSW file to your desktop

2. Here is the link : http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS7/031-1767.20131114.P3wE4/iPad2,2_7.0.4_11B554a_Restore.ipsw
3. Put your device into DFU mode.

4. Put your device into DFU mode

In order to put your device into DFU mode, with the iPad connected to your computer and turned on, you must press the "home" and "power" buttons together for EXACTLY 10 seconds at which point you must release "power" but continue to hold "home". After about 15 seconds, the device will enter DFU mode.

Once your device is in DFU mode the screen should be blank. If anything else is showing on the screen, such as the "connect to iTunes" logo, you got it wrong. You must get the device into DFU mode successfully

5. Manually restore in iTunes
Finally, you are ready to restore your device using the firmware you downloaded in Step 1.

Open iTunes and it should report that it has discovered a device in recovery mode and must restore it.
Now you must hold down the shift key (on Windows) or the option key (on OSX) on your keyboard whilst clicking the "Restore" button in iTunes with your mouse. An Explorer or Finder window will pop up and allow you to navigate to the firmware file you downloaded in Step 1. Find the file and choose it for the restore.

Done! iTunes should now restore your firmware file on your iPad without any errors.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I may, a couple words of caution:

(1) Double check that link to make sure you have the correct IPSW file for your iPad2. There are so many different variations of iPad2 out there - I'd hate for you to waste your time downloading the wrong one.

Here is a link to a thread in the forum to download iOS 7.0.4: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Just pick the correct one and it'll download. And yes, these are the full files and they will be over 1 GB in size...

(2) Make a fresh backup before you begin. That way, you can use iTunes to put the iPad back the way it was before the upgrade (well, other than the fact it'll be on iOS 7.0.4). :)

Other than that, rajesh's directions are spot on. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts