What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick questions x 2

fitcious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

i am 99% sure I want an ipad as my tablet (with 1% being the xoom).

My 2 questions are:

1. how are the quality of the LCDs on the Ipad2? I heard there were some bleeding issues and some members on the board were experiencing this. Is this a wide spread issue or was it a certain batch?

2. I was reading some threads and it seems that the facetime has issues on the ipad2? if i may ask, what kind of issues are they? and does the new firmware alleviate it?

My purpose to buy the ipad is to facetime and skype. I also want to jailbreak it eventually, so having the newest firmware is not my choosing...but if the facetime issue is great enough for the current firmware, i will update it and wait for the next jailbreak.

Thank you in advance for everyone's kind response.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received a white 64 wifi with no bleeding but I havent had the pleasure of face time yet. I think the bleeding is beginning to wrap up. Take a chance. It's like lightning at ur fingertips

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

i am 99% sure I want an ipad as my tablet (with 1% being the xoom).

My 2 questions are:

1. how are the quality of the LCDs on the Ipad2? I heard there were some bleeding issues and some members on the board were experiencing this. Is this a wide spread issue or was it a certain batch?

2. I was reading some threads and it seems that the facetime has issues on the ipad2? if i may ask, what kind of issues are they? and does the new firmware alleviate it?

My purpose to buy the ipad is to facetime and skype. I also want to jailbreak it eventually, so having the newest firmware is not my choosing...but if the facetime issue is great enough for the current firmware, i will update it and wait for the next jailbreak.

Thank you in advance for everyone's kind response.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad if you do decide eventually to get one instead of the Xoom. Even if you go for the Xoom, we'd like to hear from you.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I rate the screen highly. Very clear, crisp and responsive.
Tbh I haven't used FaceTime much, but when I did it worked just fine.
Find I use the camera more as a quick document copier with evernote.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
1) i too was extremely worried and concerned about this issue before i bought mine. and i'm a perfectionist when it comes to kitt. when it arrived i searched for this issue on mine, and found it. just 2 or 3 bleeds, but very very faint and almost not noticeable. especially in normal every day use.
i'm 3 weeks down the line now and have even forgotten they're there. you just dont see them.

i suggest you go ahead and suck it and see. i dont think you'll be disappointed at all.

2) never use face time, but i use video skype all day every day. the main reason for purchasing the ipad 2 in fact. it works beautifully. no issues, other than the fact skype are to soon release an ipad2 version of their software specifically optimised even better.

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my iPad 2 last Tuesday. Only took me 6 weeks with iPad 1 to see how far superior they are to other tablets on the market. I wanted a honeycomb tablet but just couldn't wait for a sub 400 ten inch capacitative screen with android 3.0. So glad I didn't!

Anyway onto the questions. When I first charged by iPad 2 prior to setting it up, noticed a tiny light spot above the home button and in the bottom right hand corner as well. I fully intended to return it to jb hifi within a few days if it persisted but when trying to find them again using a totally black home screen set I can't. I think the bleed issue might have been blown a little out of proportion.

Have had a bit of a play with FaceTime at work with a colleague who was using iPhone 4. Did have some stability issues. My iPad seems fine but on his end it is rather flakey. Establishes a connection fine but drops out after after a few seconds. My iPad is on iOS 4.3.1 while his iPhone is on 4.3.2. I suspect it will be ironed out but for now, yes different ioses may have issues when face timing.

Cheers
LT

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
I received a white 64 wifi with no bleeding but I havent had the pleasure of face time yet. I think the bleeding is beginning to wrap up. Take a chance. It's like lightning at ur fingertips

Last night in the absolute darkness I noticed some like yellowing. But it was 1 am, lights off. It was dark. I had to make that correction because I hadnt noticed. It doesn't affect anything. In 5 days, I've watched like 20 movies, and I bn groovy. If it does worsen or become unbearable, I'll send it off or whatever. I got it engraved so I might have issues. But I'm still 98.6 percent satisfied.

OP
F

fitcious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey everyone,

thank you for all of the helpful information and responses. I pretty much made up my mind to get an ipad2. I just need to find a place in socal that has it in stock. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts