I have got over 24 hours on one battery charge

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by jeff4h, Mar 10, 2012.

1. jeff4h

jeff4h iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What kind of battery life is everyone getting. I bought a ipad2 two days ago. Yesterday morning I charged it around ten in the morning. I used it a lot during the day setting it up and browsing the Internet. When I went to bed about eleven it had 55 percent left. I set it to play some pod cast and when one was finished it played the next one so it played all night. When I woke up it had 35% left. This is insane. Could I have got some kind of prototype battery by mistake or something. Ive not heard of anything like this. Not complaining mind you just cant believe it
  2. Greygoose_ipad

Greygoose_ipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Should get about ten hours of actual usage.

Greygoose
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    quite normal. the newer your device is the better condition your battery is in, but even so, that sound pretty normal.

mine is now about a year old and i can easily spend a few days in a row browsing and listening to media before a re-charge is needed. i generally find gaming is the largest drain on charge, and, different operations drain at different rates. you'll get to learn this. i still easily get the full quota of non-stop browsing or video watching. it's amazing.
  4. willerz2

willerz2 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246 / 0
    It depends on how you're using it and what kind of settings you're running. If the podcasts were audio only, then it wouldn't soak as much compared to a video podcast. If you were running a memory/processor intense game or app, then that would soak your battery as opposed to reading a book. I've had 18 straight hours of Pandora when I first got my iPad.
  5. wayneh

wayneh iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you get the free battery app, it shows how many hours you should have left running all the various apps, ie. games, video, music, browsing, etc... It varies quite a bit.
  6. jimbo12

jimbo12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi jeff I bought my ipad2 off eBay so I think it could be 1 year old or something like that. I use the battery app for charging. I use the iPad every day and think I am getting a good ten hours out of the charge? Not bad for an old one.
  7. madeSICC

madeSICC iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The main reason I had my boss buy me a ipad2 was the battery life. I literally charge it once every 5 days. I only use it for work, no games or nothing only emails calendar and dolphin browser .