What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I cant leave a review in the app store!

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to leave a very positive review, but I can't. The same thing happened to me a few week ago. Can anyone fix this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you are logged into the store. On the computer you'll see your Apple ID in the top right corner. On the iPad you'll see it at the bottom of the page on the left. You also have to have purchased that app to review it.

Make sure you are trying to review the exact app you purchased. If there is more than one version (lite, HD, pro, etc.) then you can only review the one you actually have.

If you've checked all that and still can't review, I have no idea.

Well, you can try restarting the iPad. That helps with the oddest problems from time to time.

iPad: Turning on/off and resetting

cheshire137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.3till7.net
I'm having intermittent trouble posting reviews, too. I hit the Write a Review link and it just scrolls the app page back to the very top, with no review window opening.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Is it running real slow as well? I'm thinking of stopping the iTunes updates n restarting them when I go to bed!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not having any slowdown problems, but in another thread it was pointed out that there is a problem with using the More button in the Top Charts tab. You can only push it once. It never finishes cycling so that you can do it again.

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too had a problem trying to review Friendly for Facebook yesterday. It would not let me view more reviews beyond the first page either. Luckily you guys gave me a good fix for the problem, so no more need to one-star it.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This must be a common problem, I have had similar problems with iTunes top charts swapping from top 50 to 70 to 80. Separate days. I posted a thread and Tim from Scotland got top 100 when he tried and we both live in same country( itunes uk) I've also tried to leave reviews and they just seem to disappear even though when I go back into it, the review I placed is there but just not on the site. I've stopped reviewing for the last two weeks because it's just a pain to do.

Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I've also tried to leave reviews and they just seem to disappear even though when I go back into it, the review I placed is there but just not on the site. I've stopped reviewing for the last two weeks because it's just a pain to do.
There is a delay between writing a review and having it appear. Not sure how long it is, but it usually takes a few hours.

The reviews don't get proofread, do they?

Anyway, I can't leave reviews either right now. Hitting Leave a review sends me straight back to the top of the page, even after restarting, being logged in and owning the app.

Twerppoet may be right again, wait for Apple to fix their servers.

Last edited:

coxy100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start a new one. Bought my iPad last week but I can't leave reviews either - I've left several but they never appear.

When I click back into the app via the app store, even my star rating has disappeared too. Is that normal??

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem as coxy, i write the review, submit it and it never appears, always the last review appears before i write my one

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

coxy100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help with our problem? When I submit a review, nothing happens. For people that can leave reviews...do you get confirmation it has been submitted or?

douglashh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought I'd add to this thread as well. New, 3rd gen, iPad. Downloaded and installed several app tonight and tried to leave a review. Am able to write the review but when I hit the 'Submit' button nothing happens and the review does not appear. If I hit the 'Review' again there is the review I just wrote so apparently nothing is happening.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

tirmizi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M having a different trouble... I cant see any reviews at all, let alone my own review. It always says the app does not have enough ratings...

Any idea whats causing this?

Most reactions

Latest posts