What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I cant get my yahoo mail via the mail app on my ipad 1

Donjuandisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I cant get my emails via the mail app on my ipad. I can get them if i go on yahoo via safari so i know the email account is functioning.
When I open the mail app it updates, then shows a 'load more messages' , i click on this and then it just shows the rotating symbol in the upper left of the screen ( same as when accessing wifi network ) it just then sits like this until i get fed up waiting ( 10 mins )
One other piece of info ....when i get the 'load more messages' it also shows i have 6 messages so it must connect to get this info
Any ideas ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this a new problem or has this worked OK before?

Some Members have reported problems with the Yahoo email server (different machine from the webmail server) recently.

Tim

OP
D

Donjuandisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,

It's been like this since sunday.

However it was on sunday when i deleted my old yahoo account (which did work) and created anew account. It didn't work since then

OP
D

Donjuandisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet i already did this a few times....i also turned the ipad off then back on this didnt help either

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Darn. You should try a reset, though I don't think it will help, it might.

Also visit the account with a browser. If there are any large or unusual attachments, you might want to get rid of them, or move them out of the inbox. That is all I can think of.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

erock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having same problem and it's driving me crazy. I have reset iPad, updated os, delete and re activated account several times, changes account password, moved all emails to an archive folder via laptop and browser. I can send emails from the account, but the iPad absolutely will not load new or current messages, it just randomly loads month old bull****. I have a few yahoo accounts, and this is the only one that has problems and of course it's the most important one I use.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you've done about everything I could suggest.

When you say delete and reactivate the account, you mean on the iPad, right? If not, then do that.

iqayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the same problem and tried everything but still not getting emails. i do need help too

Most reactions

Latest posts