What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am confused and conflicted about Icloud. Can anyone help?

jonkay182

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to download the latest update to Garage Band, but I don't have enough available memory for the update. Icloud indicates that I have 4 gigs of available storage in the cloud. I have already deleted every app that I could do without, but still, my Ipad 2 (16 gigs) doesn't have enough memory available. How do I utilize storage in the cloud to store apps and updates? On a related note, is there anything available such as an external hard drive or an adaptor for a thumb drive that would work with an Ipad? Or do I have to sell my current device and buy a 32gig Ipad 3 or 4? Or is it 5?

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

To see what is taking up your storage space go to setting>general>usage. To get passed storage issues, I use the Seagate Wireless Plus HDD. Holds 1 Tb of files.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to download the latest update to Garage Band, but I don't have enough available memory for the update. Icloud indicates that I have 4 gigs of available storage in the cloud. I have already deleted every app that I could do without, but still, my Ipad 2 (16 gigs) doesn't have enough memory available. How do I utilize storage in the cloud to store apps and updates? On a related note, is there anything available such as an external hard drive or an adaptor for a thumb drive that would work with an Ipad? Or do I have to sell my current device and buy a 32gig Ipad 3 or 4? Or is it 5?

Unfortunately, you can't store apps in the cloud - you can only store backups and data for the apps. The same for the device mentioned - apps can't be external to the iPad; they have to be on the iPad itself.

So, the only things you can do is either delete more apps to make room for GarageBand or get that bigger iPad. :) Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts