1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I am confused and conflicted about Icloud. Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by jonkay182, Mar 22, 2013.

1. jonkay182

jonkay182 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wanted to download the latest update to Garage Band, but I don't have enough available memory for the update. Icloud indicates that I have 4 gigs of available storage in the cloud. I have already deleted every app that I could do without, but still, my Ipad 2 (16 gigs) doesn't have enough memory available. How do I utilize storage in the cloud to store apps and updates? On a related note, is there anything available such as an external hard drive or an adaptor for a thumb drive that would work with an Ipad? Or do I have to sell my current device and buy a 32gig Ipad 3 or 4? Or is it 5?
  2. Mini_mi

Mini_mi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi,

To see what is taking up your storage space go to setting>general>usage. To get passed storage issues, I use the Seagate Wireless Plus HDD. Holds 1 Tb of files.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,727 / 0
    Unfortunately, you can't store apps in the cloud - you can only store backups and data for the apps. The same for the device mentioned - apps can't be external to the iPad; they have to be on the iPad itself.

So, the only things you can do is either delete more apps to make room for GarageBand or get that bigger iPad. :) Sorry.

Marilyn