Hulu's iPad Subscription based App?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, Mar 31, 2010.

By iDan on Mar 31, 2010 at 11:40 PM
  1. iDan

Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Thanks Received:

Hulu has been a hot topic since the iPad's unveiling. Currently the website uses a flash based video player that is incompatible with the iPad. A new report from Engadget suggest that Hulu may be working on an iPad app that will be subscription based and require a fee.
    My guess is we'll most likely to see something from Hulu by the time the iPad 3G models arrive. What do you think?

[Source: Engadget]
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, Mar 31, 2010.

1. IpadOne
      i don't think they dream we will paid for watch their movie .... they need audience and iPad will be a important platform ... so if they miss this devices they will shoot themselves ...
    2. gentlefury
      Seems like they want to charge a monthly fee and have commercials. No way, one or the other! I have sling player to watch my tv if I want to pay and see commercials.
    3. Edlex
      Truth is the current hulu model isn't working. If charging a small fee keeps them in business with great content I think I would pay.
    4. iVan
      HULU is not even available in Canada. There's a blocking scheme.
    5. gentlefury
      depends on small....$4-$5 a month with limited ads and occasional ad free programs would attract some people....$15+ with ads would be the end of hulu.
    6. brobar
      $4-$5 a month with limited ads would attract me! Considering I pay TWENTY-TIMES that much for cable which includes ads... I'd pay that small of a price to have good content with me on the go on a portable device... even if it did have ads.
    7. IpadOne
      All of you are lucky , we didn't have that kind of services in my area ... but we have paradisiac island around us ;-)
    8. Gremlin
      Hulu subscription service is going to be a hard sell. I watch most TV shows via my DVR; I only go to Hulu when I forget to record something. I have a SlingBox so I really don't need Hulu to watch TV on my iPad (when it gets here). For people who don't have a Slingbox (or something similar) they will have to watch a lot of hulu to make a subscription worth it.
    9. Rasputina
      eh, I tried them out online and really didn't like it.