What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subscription Service BBC iPlayer to Launch Next Year on iPad for the US

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

TUAW reports today that according to a news story in the Financial Times, the BBC’s iPlayer, which streams previously aired BBC programs on demand, will be coming to the iPad in the US, and a few other markets yet to be named, by the middle of next year. The BBC iPlayer iPad app will be a subscription service, with ad-supported free sections. If you’re a UK iPad owner, you can already access the iPlayerBeta for iPad for free via your iPad’s browser, and very good it is too!

I know that a lot of iPad owners in America have been waiting for this news, and would probably be happy to pay a reasonable subscription fee for a really good service, which it certainly will be if the quality of the web-based iPlayer Beta for iPad is anything to go by. The full-screen, or “big-screen” viewing mode is really gorgeous and well worth paying for if you’re a fan of BBC programming, and the app will doubtless have a lot of extra features as well.

Source: TUAW - BBC to launch subscription iPad player in the US

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yay!!! I'll have to mention this on the Dr Who forum I belong to! There are lots of us that would pay in a heart beat for access to the uplands!! apple might just sell a bunch more iPads for it!!

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A little bummed, the article isn't sure wether it will be BBC content or BBCA content, why would we pay for BBCA content? Unless you don't have cable or satellite...... I watch BBCA a lot, and would pay for BBC...just like they pay for their TV license in the UK. I'm not holding my breath, but my fingers are crossed!

Sherlockianone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Part time life in UK

Why cant I get my American bought iPad to down load BBC iPlayer when i spend six weeks in the UK?

Most reactions

Latest posts