What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HTTPS - Why does this forum not have this option?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There has been discussion here on whether the forum software uses HTTP vs. HTTPS; of course, the latter is preferable as to safety and use of encryption - BUT, I must bring this up again - I mainly use macOS Safari (vs. other browsers or iOS apps - might make a difference?) to login into the iPad Forums and the site is listed as 'Unsecured' using only HTTP - this became again apparent to me while switching to a new password app on my laptops & iDevices, i.e. 1Password - pic below under their 'Watchtower' of potentially poor passwords and/or insecure sites, only the iPad Forums showed up as 'unsecured' - the 'Use HTTPS' option basically stated not available - the owner's of this forum really need to offer HTTPS - just my 2 cents - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 5.56.36 PM.png

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The reason is that the forum owners have not made the switch.

Well, that is obvious, sorry - they need to awake from their 'Rip van Winkle' sleep - times have really changed and for a computer forum not to offer HTTPS is an embassament in my mind - :)
rip5.jpg

maire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These forums have been dying for quite some time. Many of them have been either closed entirely or sold off recently. It is probably only a matter of time before the rest of the sites from this company disappear entirely. Do not expect any response from the owners.

maire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, speaking of security, I just now tried to access the iPhone site and was blocked from proceeding to the site. Anybody aware of the security situation there? Has the site been pulled down?

maire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, was able to access the iPhone site from a different link and the site looks ok as ever. Since the first link was on one of the FF sites, will report the matter.

Most reactions

Latest posts