What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari does not retain logins for forums, Facebook, etc

Jet noise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prior to iOS 7, Safari would remember my login status for forums, Facebook, etc. even if I closed the safari app, I could still go right in to my sites without having to enter username and password again. Now, since I downloaded 7 (and 7.0.2), I am having to re renter username and password every time. I can still use tapatalk and the fb app, but I like the option of using the browser too. Is anyone else having this issue? This is getting frustrating!

OP
J

Jet noise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was it, thanks! I had private browsing turned on but I couldn't figure out how to turn it off...after some searching I found you turn it off by opening a new window, and using the lower left option. Much appreciated :)

JC_AZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I open web browser using Safari i do not see the item mentioned in the lower left corner?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I open web browser using Safari i do not see the item mentioned in the lower left corner?
What item are you talking about? Could still be better if you could post a pic of where the item usually is and describe what it looks like so that we can help you out in a better way.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What item are you talking about? Could still be better if you could post a pic of where the item usually is and describe what it looks like so that we can help you out in a better way.
I think this member referred to "Private".

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have restrictions enabled? That may be the reason that you don't get the option.

JC_AZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have restrictions enabled? That may be the reason that you don't get the option.

Restrictions are off... someone suggested "Reset Network Settings"... what does that do and what is actually reset?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please don't post your question more than once.

Reset Network Settings is done in Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. When you do this, all your network settings will be erased (Wi-Fi, ...) and you'll have to set them up again.

JC_AZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please don't post your question more than once. Reset Network Settings is done in Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. When you do this, all your network settings will be erased (Wi-Fi, ...) and you'll have to set them up again.

I can do that... do you agree this could be causing the problem I addressed? Thank you for your response

JC

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple Support:

This will clear your current cellular and Wi-Fi network settings, including saved networks, Wi-Fi passwords, and VPN settings.

JC_AZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Support: This will clear your current cellular and Wi-Fi network settings, including saved networks, Wi-Fi passwords, and VPN settings.

Okay... thanks! My only concern is that the cellular network PW is not one I use so I may not have it anywhere...may have to figure out how to reset it first.

Thanks again, I will try the rest network settings once I confirm my cellular PW... unless my iPad 'remembers' it as a saved PW.

JC

Most reactions

Latest posts