What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use adobe reader app to read pdf textbook

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friends this is my situation: i use ibooks to read a textbook on my ipad 3. But i would like to use the adobe reader which i also have on my device, the problem is how do i get it to open in adobe reader. Adobe reader has the option to open its documents in ibooks but ibooks does not have the option to open its documents in adobe. The few documents i read in adobe, i sent them to my email and downloaded the attachement and there was an option to 'open in adobe', the size of the book is too large to be attached on an email.

The reason i want to use adobe is that it can indicate text, and some other functions. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i mean highlight text. How does ibooks do that. @first response, thanks so much , useful information

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
Friends this is my situation: i use ibooks to read a textbook on my ipad 3. But i would like to use the adobe reader which i also have on my device, the problem is how do i get it to open in adobe reader. Adobe reader has the option to open its documents in ibooks but ibooks does not have the option to open its documents in adobe. The few documents i read in adobe, i sent them to my email and downloaded the attachement and there was an option to 'open in adobe', the size of the book is too large to be attached on an email.

The reason i want to use adobe is that it can indicate text, and some other functions. Thank you.

if i were you i will stick to ibook because it easy to use if you wanna know how to put pdf on ibook here's the step by step

1. connect your ipad
2. i tune should appear on your window if not do it manually
3. on the upper left corner you will find file open it and find add to liblary
4. file>add to liblary choosed what pdf/book you wish to add
5.sync your ipad and launch your ibook apps

iPad 3 

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just tried highlighting in a PDF in iBooks and it does not work. iBooks allows highlighting in ePub books, in various colors, but there does not appear to be a way to do it for a PDF. If it makes a difference, I was using the iPad manual as my test vehicle.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adding my pdfs to ibooks is not a problem. Highliting text is what i want.

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
Adding my pdfs to ibooks is not a problem. Highliting text is what i want.

download Cloud on and find drop box and open you pdf file in there and highlight should appear somewhere

iPad 3 

Most reactions

Latest posts