What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell if your Ipad mini has water damage?

dman2377

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to tell if a Ipad mini has water damage. I am buying some and want to know how to check?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there anyway to tell if a Ipad mini has water damage. I am buying some and want to know how to check?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Just wondering why you would want to buy 'water damaged' iPads - yes, I understand that they are likely inexpensive, but Apple does not cover 'water damage' so you have no warranty (unless from your purchase source) - check HERE for further information.

There are sensors in the iPad that apparently turn color when there is water contact - now whether you can evaluate these changes (and not sure if the iPad needs to be taken apart for the best assessment?) - personally, I would not touch this presumed 'deal' unless you have a guarantee of getting a refund. Dave

Viscus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken, all iPhones and iPads have a water damage indicator in the either the lighting port or headphone jack. If it comes in contact with water, it will turn red.

I also agree with giradman opinion, he said true that why you would want to buy damaged iPads..

Most reactions

Latest posts