What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water damage?

kingdummkopf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How much water would cause water damage? Would rain suffice?

You see, my iPad was on the arm of the chair, and my dog went up to it and licked it near the charge/sync port. I called him away, ans when I felt it it was only a bit damp. Would that cause any damage?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should be fine. But just in case, wipe off and don't plug in for however long you think it might take a bit of dog slobber to dry if any actually got into the port.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need to turn off the iCat app if you don't want your dog near your iPad :p

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingdummkopf said:
How much water would cause water damage? Would rain suffice?

You see, my iPad was on the arm of the chair, and my dog went up to it and licked it near the charge/sync port. I called him away, ans when I felt it it was only a bit damp. Would that cause any damage?

Hi kingdummkoph,
When you take an iPad to a vendor who deals in those clear plastic screen protectors, after cleaning the screen first, then they spray or squirt the screen with a spray bottle before applying the screen protector, and squeegee the water out the sides which literally sticks that protective film onto your iPad.
They really wet the iPad good, so I would have to think your iPad is going to be ok once dry.

See this website from your web browser, as it won't load from within this forum...
www.ghost-armor.com

I hope that helps

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts