What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to show date on video

mango

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had few videos which were taken on iPad. I could not display date when the video was recorded. For picture in "photos", just show as event then I know when the picture was taken. Do you know the way to display video information ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought, could you change the filename to include the date or if you want it on the movie itself could you create a title with the date in iMovie?

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iMovie shows the creation/modification date of the video right on the title page, but there is no way to see that info for the clips.

I just assumed the OP wanted to see it for the video/clips in the Photos app, and I don't see a way to do that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I, of course, never-ever do that. Well, at least I apologize later, sometimes, when I'm sharp enough to realize what happened. :D

The iMovie idea is actually a good one. At least I think so. I like to take my clips into iMovie and message them before sharing anyway. You just have to remember to do it promptly, so the date is correct. Or sully the actual movie name with the date. I can't find a way to modify the creation date to order.

Though one neat way is to edit the beginning title clip in iMove and manually change the location to the date.

Most reactions

Latest posts