What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Restore back ipad 2 3g 4.3.3 to 4.3.3 with Shsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohdhizami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ipad 2 wifi 3g 4.3.3 i want restore back my ipad and i have some problem on my ipad can i restore back to 4.3.3 if have shsh save.. Some say i can not restore back to 4.3.3 Even i have save shsh... It is true? Please help Me..

Sorry my english not good..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it is true. If you have a 3G iPad2, you cannot restore iOS 4.3.3 back onto it. If you need to restore, you'll have to use iOS 5.0.1.

Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
M

mohdhizami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have friend that use iPad 2 Wifi only that has been jailbreak also, he try restore back it iPad firmware 4.3.3 with itune. It is succesful. Why ipad 3g can't do it ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's the way the new iOS 5 has been designed. It changes the baseband of the 3G iPad once you upgrade to iOS 5. So, once you are on that version, you can never go back down, even with SHSH blobs.

However, because the WiFi-only iPads do not have a baseband, this "problem" doesn't affect them.

I don't understand much more of the technical details/reasons. Our resident jail breaking expert, f4780y, can give you all the specifics, plus he's written about it before (I just can't find his post to quote it!).

Suffice it to say, if you have a 3G iPad, do NOT upgrade off of 4.3.3, or you will forevermore lose your ability to downgrade, SHSH blobs or no

Marilyn

kschong710

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Mickey330 i will explain Mohd...Bro,apa FW awak sekarang?3G kalau Sudah upgrade susah nak kembali tak serupa wifi.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
It's the way the new iOS 5 has been designed. It changes the baseband of the 3G iPad once you upgrade to iOS 5. So, once you are on that version, you can never go back down, even with SHSH blobs.

However, because the WiFi-only iPads do not have a baseband, this "problem" doesn't affect them.

I don't understand much more of the technical details/reasons. Our resident jail breaking expert, f4780y, can give you all the specifics, plus he's written about it before (I just can't find his post to quote it!).

Suffice it to say, if you have a 3G iPad, do NOT upgrade off of 4.3.3, or you will forevermore lose your ability to downgrade, SHSH blobs or no

Marilyn

You covered it well Marilyn. It can't be done as things stand on a 3G device because the baseband install will fail and there is no way to recover from that error. End of.

auntieEM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so very sorry about that as I have the 3G in my iPad. My mail is the biggest hassle with the new IOS 5 - I feel I have snail mail !!
Have not had any problem with Safari as yet. I turned off most things in I Cloud (wonder if this is where my mail is stuffed so it takes so long to download from there?) I was unable to turn off the photo streaming as it told me I would lose all my pictures--do not want that !
Still have data on the iCloud though.
I have tried shutting down with the home and close button--did not speed up the mail :-(
The IOS 5 download was what prompted me to join your group. Could not believe that Apple did not make this work any better than THIS !

OP
M

mohdhizami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Mickey330 i will explain Mohd...Bro,apa FW awak sekarang?3G kalau Sudah upgrade susah nak kembali tak serupa wifi.
Saya gune ios 4.3.3 sekarang cume ada problem sikit.. Kalau saya belum upgrade ke ios 5 adakah masih boleh restore balik ke 4.3.3

Last edited:

kschong710

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saya gune ios 4.3.3 sekarang cume ada problem sikit.. Kalau saya belum upgrade ke ios 5 adakah masih boleh restore balik ke 4.3.3

Kalau masih dalam 4.3.3 jgn upgrade.saya tak tahu apa problem awak. Jangan guna iTunes reinstall balik JB .IOS5 masih tak stabil untuk JB. Kalau boleh hantar screenshot kamu ke email saya .

OP
M

mohdhizami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem saya.. Saya ada try install iphone it nak tukarkan ipad jadi iphone.. Setelah saya sesudah install iphone it hanya berguna utk ipad1 buka. Utk ipad2.. Saya sudah uninstall iphone it dan APN takde dlm cellular data.. Dan bila sambung pada ituner. Error keluar pada ituner (Ituner could not check for an update to the carrier setting for your iPad. An unknown occurred (1631).. Jadi sbb tu saya nak restore balik..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but this question has been asked, answered and resolved. If you wish, please continue your discussion via PM.

Thread closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts