What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tiny umbrella don't save iPad 2 SHSH

serwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have got ipad 2 wifi and 3g on 4,3,1; i want upgrade it to 4.3.3; I a
Was traying to save my SHSH so tiny saved 4.3.5 don't 4.3.3; and i can't able to upgrade to 4.3.3. What should I do? Please Help

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything you can do, if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chime in. TinyUmbrella is only able to save SHSH blobs for the current firmware that Apple is signing which at this time is 4.3.5. You cannot upgrade or downgrade to older versions unless you saved the blobs for those versions. Also you cannot use another persons blobs as blobs are specific to each individual device.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm only chiming in to back you up, Wookiee2cu. You've got all the points covered correctly.

There's no way, serwan, that you can put iOS 4.3.3 on your iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

Rokrdude2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope sorry updating to version other than the latest version requires saved shsh blobs(there is faq regarding SHSH ).So as you can only save/or have blobs for 4.3.5 you can only update to that version

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way to really get a device able to be jailbroken today is to be lucky enough to get one from a retailer that still has 4.3.3 on it or buy a used one off craigslist or ebay where the advertiser states that the firmware is 4.3.3. The only problem with this is yes you will be able to jailbreak it but should you ever have to restore the device or exchange it, your jailbreak will be lost and you will not be able to get it back. As far as finding one at a retailer the problem with that is they aren't going to let you open every box to see if you can find one with 4.3.3 on it and I'm sure they will only allow you 1-2 exchanges.

hawkze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way to really get a device able to be jailbroken today is to be lucky enough to get one from a retailer that still has 4.3.3 on it or buy a used one off craigslist or ebay where the advertiser states that the firmware is 4.3.3. The only problem with this is yes you will be able to jailbreak it but should you ever have to restore the device or exchange it, your jailbreak will be lost and you will not be able to get it back. As far as finding one at a retailer the problem with that is they aren't going to let you open every box to see if you can find one with 4.3.3 on it and I'm sure they will only allow you 1-2 exchanges.

Hi Wookiee2cu and other forum members,

I'm a newbie to Ipad2's and would appreciate some help on this.

I was wondering if I were able to buy a brand new Ipad2 that came with stock firmware 4.3.3 on it, would I be able to save the 4.3.3 SHSH blobs even though Apple is no longer signing 4.3.3 after I first activate it through ITunes?

If I am able to save the 4.3.3 SHSH blobs, then would I then be able to restore the 4.3.3 in the future? Hence, not losing the jailbreak?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Wookiee2cu and other forum members,

I'm a newbie to Ipad2's and would appreciate some help on this.

I was wondering if I were able to buy a brand new Ipad2 that came with stock firmware 4.3.3 on it, would I be able to save the 4.3.3 SHSH blobs even though Apple is no longer signing 4.3.3 after I first activate it through ITunes?

If I am able to save the 4.3.3 SHSH blobs, then would I then be able to restore the 4.3.3 in the future? Hence, not losing the jailbreak?

Please read our FAQ on the subject - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24323-shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-updated.html

You will NOT ever be able to save 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs for an iPad2 now, but if you are lucky enough to find one with 4.3.3 installed you will be able to jailbreak it. But if something goes wrong you will never be able to restore 4.3.3. Only 4.3.5, and you will of course lose your jailbreak. OK?

hawkze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please read our FAQ on the subject -
You will NOT ever be able to save 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs for an iPad2 now, but if you are lucky enough to find one with 4.3.3 installed you will be able to jailbreak it. But if something goes wrong you will never be able to restore 4.3.3. Only 4.3.5, and you will of course lose your jailbreak. OK?

Hi f4780y,

I've read the FAQ and understand the firmware window for 4.3.3 is now closed. I'm just curious about the logistics of how SHSH works.

However, I just wondered when I initially activate a new Ipad2 on 4.3.3, will Apple provide a blob for the stock firmware I am using? Or because the window is closed, will it activate and create a blob for 4.3.5, even though my Ipad2 is running 4.3.3?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hawkze said:
Hi f4780y,

I've read the FAQ and understand the firmware window for 4.3.3 is now closed. I'm just curious about the logistics of how SHSH works.

However, I just wondered when I initially activate a new Ipad2 on 4.3.3, will Apple provide a blob for the stock firmware I am using? Or because the window is closed, will it activate and create a blob for 4.3.5, even though my Ipad2 is running 4.3.3?

Ah, OK. New blobs are not require to activate an iPad. They are required to install the firmware, so for your new device, they are essentially already on there as part of the firmware install in the factory... You don't get new ones.

Last edited:

hawkze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hawkze said:
Hi f4780y,

Ah, OK. New blobs are not require to activate an iPad. They are required to install the firmware, so for your new device, they are essentially already on there as part of the firmware install in the factory... You don't get new ones.

So would it follow then, that because they are already there as part of the firmware install in the factory, could I then save the blob onto my local harddrive before any jailbreak? Would this then let me revert back to 4.3.3 if something goes wrong requiring a restore?
(sorry if the answer is obvious, but I'm not too familiar with all things Apple ... yet! ;))

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, you can't do that on the iPad2. You can only do that on the iPad1 using iFaith, an explanation of which is in Q8 and highlighted in bold in the FAQ ;)

We don't have a bootrom exploit for the iPad2 yet, and without one of those there is no way to get onto the device and extract your blobs. It simply cannot be done as things stand today.

hawkze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, you can't do that on the iPad2. You can only do that on the iPad1 using iFaith, an explanation of which is in Q8 and highlighted in bold in the FAQ ;)

We don't have a bootrom exploit for the iPad2 yet, and without one of those there is no way to get onto the device and extract your blobs. It simply cannot be done as things stand today.

Thank you for the explanation - I knew it was all in the FAQ but just couldn't piece it together.
So my situation now really is:
Option 1: JB the Ipad2 4.3.3 today with no fallback option to 4.3.3
Option 2: Wait to see if iFaith can ever dump my 4.3.3 blobs (might be never!)

A related question - if choose option 1, will I still have full functionality with the Apple App store and when I connect to Cydia? What blobs will Cydia save if I have JB 4.3.3 in that case as I haven't upgraded to current firmware yet? (I presume 4.3.5 since that is the current fw)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad will interact with the App Store and iTunes the same as if you hadn't jailbroke it. You'll be able to manage, add, buy or delete apps as you did when you weren't jailbroken.

You will also have full functionality with Cydia. As far as Cydia is concerned - a jailbroke iPad is the same as another, regardless of the iPad version or firmware that's running. It just needs to be jailbroke...

If you run Tiny Umbrella today, it will save iOS 4.3.5 and probably some of the iOS5 betas (which you won't need). It's the only firmware Apple is signing at the moment.

Marilyn

hawkze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad will interact with the App Store and iTunes the same as if you hadn't jailbroke it. You'll be able to manage, add, buy or delete apps as you did when you weren't jailbroken.

You will also have full functionality with Cydia. As far as Cydia is concerned - a jailbroke iPad is the same as another, regardless of the iPad version or firmware that's running. It just needs to be jailbroke...

If you run Tiny Umbrella today, it will save iOS 4.3.5 and probably some of the iOS5 betas (which you won't need). It's the only firmware Apple is signing at the moment.

Marilyn

Great, thank you for your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts