What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to reset ipad

oldgeeza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am upgrading to an Ipad air and want to sell my ipad 2 how do i reset the ipad so none of my details are on it and it is like when bought new

Thanks forall help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I am upgrading to an Ipad air and want to sell my ipad 2 how do i reset the ipad so none of my details are on it and it is like when bought new Thanks forall help
Go to settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. The process takes a few minutes and your iPad will be in the state it was when you bought it new. All of your content and personal details will be erased. Of course, before doing this, back up your iPad. The backup can be used to set up your new iPad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before deleting everything, create a backup (iCloud or iTunes/computer).
Then go to Settings - iCloud and disable "Find my iPad". That done, go to Settings - General - Reset, and there "Erase all Content and Settings". This will remove everything from your device, and the future owner will have no problems to set it up with his Apple ID.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before deleting everything, create a backup (iCloud or iTunes/computer). Then go to Settings - iCloud and disable "Find my iPad". That done, go to Settings - General - Reset, and there "Erase all Content and Settings". This will remove everything from your device, and the future owner will have no problems to set it up with his Apple ID.
Thanks, I forgot to mention turning off find my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts