What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to reinstall iPad purchased app without being charged again

ngigante

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have deleted a purchased app an want to reinstall but do not know how to reinstall it without being charge again. Will appreciate your help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's not a problem. The App Store keeps a record of all your downloaded apps that you purchased on your iTunes account. You can download it again and you will not be charged.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it can be a bit off-putting when the apps says "buy", but as Tim says, just plough through and it will throw up a box (after your password) that says you already own it and won't be charged again!

Wouldn't it be great if they just gave you a list of purchased Apps!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right of course, but I should have caveated that with "in the App Store on the iPad"... That's my dream! Sad.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully those "geniuses" at apple read this forum and will listen to some of the great suggestions the users make...if not android and RIM will be listening. Come on apple...let's pip them all to the post.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but can't you just go into iTunes and sync your apps (after you've applied a check to the checkbox for the deleted app in the list of all the apps you've ever purchased.)

Or is the problem that you bought the app on your iPad and never backed it up on iTunes? If you had backed it up on iTunes, it should still be on your iTunes account. On my iTunes apps list, I still have plenty of apps that I've deleted from various Apple devices.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All apps purchased regardless if they are purchased on multiple devices or the main computer are recorded in accounts on iTunes. If one deletes an app you can reinstall it free. I get emails from apple for all purchases including updates on all devices so it is easy to track them by putting purchases in a special folder on your email program on your computer. Yes it would be nice to have a summary list of name date etc maybe next vesion will have that but I sort of doubt it.

Most reactions

Latest posts