What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to recover iBooks contents after "restore"

SimplyBea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am hoping there is a solution but........

Yesterday, I had to do a "Restore to new" on my iPad to see if it was a problem with the hardware and it turned out that's the problem.
While waiting for my replacement iPad to be sent out to me, I restored my iPad from the previous backup and it appears most things are back to how they were before I did the "wipeout" BUT I can't find the books, PDFs etc that were in iBooks before the reset.

When I first turned on the iPad I saw the list of documents but they were not in the "collections" I had filed them in and when I selected the "collections" nothing came ip and now I can't find anything there no matter where iBook and nothing comes up in search.
Before Ll this, I was going to do the iPad to Mac transfer but the application came up with a message warning there were incompatibility issues with the current IOS.

Any hints how I can hopefully retrieve my iBooks content?

TIA

OP
S

SimplyBea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
didnt you perform a backup before restoring?

Yes I did.....but the PDFs and other documents in my iBooks library were "dragged" on from my desktop and laptop or "opened in iBooks" from other applications....and I haven't been able to "transfer" them to my iTunes library......
-_-

Most reactions

Latest posts