What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to restore an iBooks purchase?

Drifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I bought an e-book from Apple within iBooks on my iPad 2.

At first the book appeared normally in iBooks, but when I just went to look for it, it wasn't there.

The iPad has been backed up in iTunes to a Windows PC. When I look in iTunes on the PC, I do see the e-book.

Now my only problem is how to get it back onto the iPad. The only option I'm seeing is to sync the books on the iPad to iTunes on the PC (which, I'm warned, will delete all the books on the iPad). Not sounding preferable.

Within iBooks, I clicked on "Purchased" and see a page for the e-book, but it says "Downloaded" and the button is grayed-out.

Any suggestions on how to get the e-book onto the iPad again without having to wipe everything on the iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you are looking at the bookshelf, tap the Collections button at the top. Go through the collections and see if your book is hiding in one.

OP
D

Drifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you are looking at the bookshelf, tap the Collections button at the top. Go through the collections and see if your book is hiding in one.

Thanks! That did the trick. I didn't realize that "Books" and "PDFs" (I'd just added one of the latter) were sorted into separate collections.

Most reactions