What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to put videos in a powerpoint presentation/ Office2HD

3demons

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys,

first off i just wanna say thanks for the forums, they have already been a tremendous help.

on to business:

im trying to find an app (or just trying to find a way) to make it so that we can have a full power point presentation with working videos in specific slides. now ive been using slideshark at the moment, as well as DocsToGo, but DocsToGo does not have an auto play for the power point, so it was out of the question.

So my problem is i got the powerpoint on my ipad, and everything is working fine for the moment, but the videos aren't playing on the slides. What do i have to do, to make it so i can get working videos on the ipad IN the powerpoint? Or do i need to get a better app, If so, does Office2 HD allow me to play videos in the powerpoint? Hopefully i made my question clear, anyways, thanks in advanced.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I have DocsToGo, QuickOffice HD and Keynote on my iPad. I tested them all. And I found as far as presentations are concerned keynote the best for me. I can import PowerPoint presentations and have a movie playing. Unfortunately the movie from PowerPoint does not get imported. I have to add it manually to the keynote slide from the photo library.

Does this help?

Knut

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mornin' Knut...I, too, really favor Keynote and have used it quite extensively in my business presentations. However I've just started trying to include videos in Keynote. I'm having trouble extending their length over 5-10 seconds. Additionally, programing the video transitions is somewhat of a mystery to me. What I'd like is to transition to a slide containing some verbage, have a video fade in, view, fade out...then transition to the following slide. Is this too complecated for the iPad version of Keynote? Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Keynote and would highly recommend it to "3demons." Comments? Suggestions?? BJ

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey anonaboat, good evening - as the sun sets here.

I just checked and my videos play till the end.

So what did I do?
I added a new slide. added some text and the video. Then I one-touched the video and touched the square right to the media button (Well, do all these buttons or signs have names? I do not even know their names in German!)
It is the button which controls the translations/animations. I checked "fade in" for the first action (sorry I only have the German version and the wording may be different) and "fade out" and it works like a charm.

If you want to see this in action send me a mail and I will make this presentation available for you.

Hope this helps.

Knut

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks "K", I'll give it a try when I get back to the office. What about video length? BJ

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I must be doing something wrong. Pilot error, no doubt. Back to "3deamons"...have we helped at all? My advice is to go with Keynote (the entire iWorks suite for that matter) and get a good how-to book. Keynote for the iPad by Tom Negrino (Amazon) is the way I started. Having said that...I guess I need to go back and re-read what Brother Tom has to say about Keynote videos... :D BJ

OP

3demons

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, good question. 3demons, does all this make sense for you? Knut

Yes, thanks guys, sorry for the late reply. it does make sense, and tomorrow ima try integrating and using it on the ipad in work. Ill let you guys know if the videos work and everything went well, and if it does work, i will put instructions step by step on how to integrate the vids. gain!

thanks again!

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My method may not be for everyone... but I have a Vimeo account where I store all of my videos. Then I have a Moodle website that I use with my students. I'll embed the video into the webpages. Then in Powerpoint, I will have a link to my website where I can click on the video, or set the video to auto play. All of this assumes a robust Internet connection, of course.

I'll do some experimenting with Keynote and some other solutions... because it would be good to have a non-Internet solution for playing videos inside a presentation.

Good luck to you.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My method may not be for everyone... but I have a Vimeo account where I store all of my videos. Then I have a Moodle website that I use with my students. I'll embed the video into the webpages. Then in Powerpoint, I will have a link to my website where I can click on the video, or set the video to auto play. All of this assumes a robust Internet connection, of course.

Seems to be a good workaround. But as you write there are several prerequisites. Internet connection, Vimeo account, website to embed the video.
For collaboration with others, this can be a perfect way. Thanks for sharing this.

Knut

Most reactions

Latest posts