What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a powerpoint with audio

pcbguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

Have been racking my brain trying to figure this out.

I have a series of PowerPoints I want to make. Each one consists of 7-100 slides and I want to be able to view them on my ipad.

Thats the easy part. I have an audio file that needs to play in the background of each one. I cannot get it to work on my ipad. It plays fine on my PC but I get no audio on the ipad.

I know that I can only embed a wav file into a powerpoint but for some reason when I download it from DropBox to my ipad or upload it to SlideShark the audio will not play.

Any ideas? Is there a way I can make a Keynote presentation on my PC that will work?

Thanks for any help. Been messing with this for 2 days now.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try the SlideShark Ap.
Edited...just went back and looked at the specs...no audio, yet.

Last edited:
OP
P

pcbguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I've been trying to use it. I didn't realize that it said there was no audio support. I thought I was just doing something wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion. Seems like such a simple thing. Just need to have a powerpoint with audio. How hard could that be? lol

OP
P

pcbguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about changing it to a video. The problem is that the audio doesn't go perfectly with the slides. I would have to watch through it and set each one to change at a different time. If you could change the slides manually it would work better. Might not have any other options though.

Thank you for taking the time to suggest it.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am not sure if I've understood your setting correctly.
When you say you want to have the PPT with say 20 slides - do you want to have 1 audio file playing during all the 20 slides or 1 audio file for each slide?

Both is possible.

1. 1 audio file for 1 slide. - I use keynote app. I import the ppt without the audio files. (either through iTunes or WebDAV or Dropbox or...) Then I use "super" (freeware) on my PC and convert the audio files to a movie file with the following settings: Output Container: Apple iPad/iPod - Output video codex Divx - Output audio Codex AAC LC

I get something like audio.mp3.mp4 which I can sync with iTunes and find on the iPad under photos.
I open Keynote and add the corresponding audio.mp3.mp4 to the slide and set my animations or transitions. This is repeated for every slide.

2. 1 audio file for the entire PPT: You use whatever presentation tool you prefer and start your audio file from the music app. When you are done with the presentation you stop the music.

Hope this helps.

Knut

paducah1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slideshark's sister app, mybrainshark will do it for you- for free even! lets you put audio on PPT and then you can view it from the ipad.... works great

Merthod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you make your presentation on video and use the video instead of the PPT?

efi38

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installing an app (Kingsoft Office Free) is simpler than installing a converion program and learning how to use it (and pay for it).

I get very good results with this application. It also enables you to present password protected PowerPoint files.

Give it a try, it works as a miracle.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts