What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: put mp3 on ipad without a pc or mac

Dj_simsim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
i have no pc or mac now I just have my ipad and an internet connection what i need to do now is to download mp3z from the internet ( i can do it using the safari downloader plug in) and i need to add these mp3 files to my ipod app in my ipad so i can add the new songs to my playlists and plug my ipad to my car . Is there any solution for this issue

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
i have no pc or mac now I just have my ipad and an internet connection what i need to do now is to download mp3z from the internet ( i can do it using the safari downloader plug in) and i need to add these mp3 files to my ipod app in my ipad so i can add the new songs to my playlists and plug my ipad to my car . Is there any solution for this issue

Only way is to be jailbroken then use some torrent. Then ssh it into the right folder....it's a pain & a lot of work.... I would suggest you just find a computer you can borrow.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Click the pink iTunes button on your iPad and go ahead and pay for your MP3Z...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are places where you can get music that is free and legal. One of them I know works like a podcast but it's a radio station. They get permission from new artists to highlight their music on the web and showcase a few tunes every week. I download the two hour programs once in a while to listen for newer stuff and then I go to itunes to purchase some of them. Since my computer fried (while waiting for its repair) I wasn't able to get those programs with the iPad. Well I found a way...

Believe it or not Goodreader reads Mp3...
Get the URL of the web page where the Mp3 is, paste it where it says "Browse the Web" and bingo! Go back one step to "Documents" and there it is, and you can listen to it there. You can also get those Mp3s from Goodreader to other apps on the iPad.

OP
D

Dj_simsim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are places where you can get music that is free and legal. One of them I know works like a podcast but it's a radio station. They get permission from new artists to highlight their music on the web and showcase a few tunes every week. I download the two hour programs once in a while to listen for newer stuff and then I go to itunes to purchase some of them. Since my computer fried (while waiting for its repair) I wasn't able to get those programs with the iPad. Well I found a way...

Believe it or not Goodreader reads Mp3...
Get the URL of the web page where the Mp3 is, paste it where it says "Browse the Web" and bingo! Go back one step to "Documents" and there it is, and you can listen to it there. You can also get those Mp3s from Goodreader to other apps on the iPad.

Thanks

Many apps can read mp3z but i need it to work in the ipod app thanks again

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You do realize that adding a z at the end is the 1990s way of saying its illegally obtained and against forum rules. Or Rulez if you will.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So....... I think we can all agree there really isn't any way to get music on your iPad without it being illegal. (unless your library is stored on a file hosting site) but it seems like that's not what anybody's talking about here....lol

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So....... I think we can all agree there really isn't any way to get music on your iPad without it being illegal. (unless your library is stored on a file hosting site) but it seems like that's not what anybody's talking about here....lol

Nuance, you can't put illegitimate music direct from the web in the iPod app but you can put some on the iPad in other apps like Goodreader. And you can still get illegal music on the iPad's ipod app from your computer's iTunes.

I say illegitimate as non-Apple bought or provided. Apple is not the only one to sell music. But it's their device and they make the rules that they should be the only provider.
Remember also that podcasts are Mp3 and are free and that you can get them from the issuer's site instead of iTunes. This avenue had been cut down with the iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts