What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a song from GarageBand to my PC to mp3

cwiert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new here and to Apple products in general. I just got an iPad2 and I recorded a song in GarageBand using the Apogee Jam (which is awesome, by the way). But I don't know how to get that song from the iPad to my PC and to a mp3. While in GarageBand, I've tried to "share sopng via iTunes" and then I sync'd my iPad with my PC via iTunes, but I still don't see my song anywhere. Then I tried to do it again, and I got the message that the song alrady exists on iTunes. So, then where the heck is it?
Thanks in advance. Any help for this newb is appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The file will show up via File Sharing, not by syncing. Below is Apple's support page on how to use File Sharing. You don not need to sync when using this method, files are copied to and from the iPad immediately.

iOS: About File Sharing

You can also choose to email the file you yourself and open it on the computer.

In both cases the file will be in .m4a format. If you want vanilla mp3 you'll have to use something to convert it.

DimKamen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys hope you don't mind me posting in here it doesn't seem worth making a whole thread about it. I can't always get access to my Mac and sometimes all I have is my laptop. I was looking for a GarageBand alternative for the PC and wondered if anyone had any experience in this? Preferably something which works with an iPad app as well - it'd be nice but not really a requirement.

I was looking on this site which suggests a bunch of Windows alternatives and the free ones just don't have the features GarageBand does. There is a paid option called Turbo I was wondering if anyone had tried it and how it compares to GarageBand?

Thanks in advance guys - looking forward to getting to know everyone here. :)

areudit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just Google Search "Convert GarageBand Exported AIFF Audio into WAV, MP3, M4A, FLAC, WMA, AAC, AC3, DTS, etc" and you will find a lot of solutions. It's easy.

Most reactions