1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to project ipad 2 without cables

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by rbmorcelli, Nov 2, 2011.

1. rbmorcelli

rbmorcelli iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a way to make a presentation with keynote in an ipad 2 in a projector without using a cale, maybe using my iphone 4 hotspot as a wirelless network to all devices that might be necessary.

See ya!
  2. Kricke

Kricke iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Hi, I am not quite sure whether I fully understand your question but here is what I do.

I set up a wifi network with the help of a mi-fi access point (huawei or some such, your iPhone 4 hotspot might do as well). Then I use an Apple TV which is wired to a projector. With the help of Keynote and the iPad I can wirelessly present and walk around while having full control over my presentation. Does this sound reasonable to you? So I go wireless from iPad to Apple TV and wired from Apple TV to the projector. Maybe there are wireless beamers available on the market which can do better than my setting. And of course I need power connections for Apple TV and projector.

Hope this helps.

Knut
  3. rbmorcelli

rbmorcelli iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

It is exactly what i need, but i don´t have an Apple TV device so i need to do this process from Ipad to a notebook...

Thanks for your response!
    Rafael
  4. PTLinsongz

PTLinsongz iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really need your help. If I use a small mobile hotspot device and Apple TV, I can wirelessy project my IPAD to my projector? No Router, just the mobile device, maybe even my phone as a hotspot? You initially note: "I set up a wife netword with help of a mi-fi access point"; please explain the set up, or rather how, specifically, do you set it up?
  5. Kricke

Kricke iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Ok, first things first.
    You need to have a wireless LAN. But you do not need Internet access. With the help of a mi-fi device, which usually serves two purposes - one to access the Internet over a 3G (UMTS) connection and two to distribute this Internet connection to the wirelessly attached devices, I set up a wireless LAN.
    Normally, the mi-fi connects to the Internet, and passes the info through to the devices. This is mostly done with internal IP addresses, roughly speaking. For the presentation part of the setting, we do not need the Internet connection. So my iPad connects via AirPlay to the Apple TV. And as I wrote above the Apple TV is hooked up with a cable to the projector.

As far as the set up of the hotspot (mi-fi device) is concerned please consult its manual. Everything should be explained there.

Hope this clarifies it.

Knut