What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Art Project with IPAD 2

mikelin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I am new in Apple and maybe I am making a stupid question.

Is there any way (app or something) to see Google art project in my Ipad2 ?

Thanks in advance!!!:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Google Art Project requires Flash to be able to view it. The iPad Safari web browser does not support Flash but there are several third party browsers that indirectly support Flash by hosting on their company web server. These have varying degrees of success - none of them are perfect in every respect so you might need to wait to see if other Forum members have viewed the Google project with one of these third-party browsers before purchasing one.

Oh - oh - oh - I nearly forgot....

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is a free app in the store called ArtProject. It offers access to the Google Art Project. Mixed but mostly positive reviews. I have not tried it yet myself, but I thing I'll go download it now.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - twerppoet - I've been wanting to get access to the Google Art Project from my iPad, but thought it wasn't really possible - OK, could try to use one of those 'flash compatible' browsers but they have mixed reviews....

Is there *anything* about the iPad you don't know? You should (seriously) consider writing all this great advice down - I'd be the first-in-line to buy your book.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, kind of annoying using the free version. You can zoom in, but it pops back after you take your fingers back off the screen. That's not so bad, but then it pops a notification in your face about upgrading to stay zoomed, every time. There are other annoyingly ugly reminders scattered around.

Esentialy the intrusive remiders to upgrade make this more of a demo than a lite version of the app. It lookes very usable, even well done otherwise. Take a look and decide if is worth the $2.99 price for the in app primium upgrade. You won't want to use the free version for long.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there *anything* about the iPad you don't know? You should (seriously) consider writing all this great advice down - I'd be the first-in-line to buy your book.

Tim
Scotland

I look most of it up when I see a question here. Like I said, just a lot of time on my hands. If I ever write a book it will be the forum's fault, not mine. ;)

OP
M

mikelin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everybody, you are great!!!
I'll try the ArtProject app.

Britadon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
google art project

I could not find the art project app. Do you have any updates on this? I really have difficulty understanding how there can be a google art project app for ipad2 nd then, you cannot use it.
:confused:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does not appear to be available in the store anymore. I have no idea how long it has been gone or why it was pulled. It was called ArtProject when it was available.

Britadon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Art project

Thank you for this information. If anyone figures out how to view google art project on the ipad, I would appreciate knowing. I can get it on my PC and it is a wonderful site.

Davethevet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try vizeum

Try vizeum, have just tried it now, seems very good so far,apologies if it starts going weird on you and demanding money.

Most reactions

Latest posts