What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to prevent iTunes from transfering all apps to new iPad

korkidog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have preordered the new iPad and was curious how I can set up iTunes so that it won't transfer ever app I have bought on my old iPad and iPod Touch to it when I first connect to iTunes. I would rather choose which apps I want to transfer, rather than being forced to manually delete each one after it is installed. Right now, every app I buy on my iPod Touch gets transfered to my iPad when I connect it to iTunes, then I have to manually delete the apps I don't want.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it!!

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a toggle for "Manually Sync" under every section of iTunes. So you can turn it off/on for Apps, Music, Videos, Photos, Books and a few other things.

OP
K

korkidog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I need to have my device plugged into my computer to see those options? I don't see them in iTunes thus far.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the device must be plugged in. Every device maintains it own sync settings in iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts