What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Play 1080P videos in the New iPad ?

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some .mov which is apple quick time player compatible HD 1080P Videos, so I guess I dont need to worry converting them to a quick time player compatible format. Can I just upload it in the New iPad from iTunes and will it start playing ? or will I need to crop to fit to play it in to the new iPad ?

Thanks

Vish

pnforpk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you should have any problem with that. iOS5.1 does support 1080p, and .mov and .m4v are the native formats.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There won't be any cropping! The iPad3 display is considerably higher resolution that 1080p material, so if anything the device will be upscaling ;)

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, the new iPad(3rd gen) support 1080p in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov, so there is no problem to put the 1080p .mov on the new iPad and no need to crop~

brasileiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe Using 1440x1080 and not 1920x1080

Well, for me it only worked when i rendered my video in 1080i (1440x1080) using 1,33 pixel aspect ratio. When i was render in 1080p (1920x1080) the itunes could not sync my video cause it could not be played in my Ipad.

Im using Windows with Sony Vegas and i have the New Ipad 4G. I hope it works.

Sorry by my English, its not my native speaker.

sam2caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the free version of Air video from the app store that streams the movies/videos i have on my computer to my ipad, on what i believe is on the same if not upscaled resolution as the original. You just have to install the server on your computer, then pick the directory where your videos are. It supports avi as well as what quicktime supports. I'm not sure about the other formats though. :) hope this helps

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
Air video you have to be a rocket scientist to run this app I installed on my computer and the app find my computer but I can't find any video files

sam2caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yeah, one problem with the air video server installer is that it doesn't exclude itself from your firewall, so you have to exclude it manually yourself.

TheNewiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, this is what I was looking for. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to within the next few minutes.

brasileiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice. I did a mistake when i wrote 1080i or 1080p. This is the field mode like upper first, or in case of 1080p progressive. When i rendered it in Sony Vegas with 1440x1080 the video keep the profile of codec in level 3.1. When you render in 1920x1080 it upscale automatically to level 5.0. I think that this is the problem.
Ihave used another programs to sync my Ipad to PC but i had problems when i was to play it. The only way that i found to render a video in 1080p quality and just drag and drop to Ipad using Itunes, and that have no problem when i was play it was this way. Make a test with 1min video and reply after to see if it works for you. :D

Sorry by my English, its not my native speaker.

Most reactions

Latest posts