What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad and need some help

Blobq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I'm in the uk and just got the new iPad. I was going to get the asus infinity prime!!

I have a few questions if you could help?

On the bbc.co.uk I player, this does not play in full screen, why and is there a fix for it?

Also I was looking to play some CBT nuggets videos on the iPad, these are training videos in wmv format. How do I

1. Get these on to my iPad
2. Play these as I think I may need some kind of converter like vnc player?

Thanks.

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hiya

BBC iPlayer will only play in the size it is, so you will get a gap at the top and bottom of the screen.
I've never found anything I can do about that one.

In terms of getting videos onto your iPad, you can do it via iTunes, so connect the iPad to a PC and transfer data that way.

Also if you have an iCloud account you can transfer information via that, so that would mean using iCloud on your PC again, but the transfer is over the air rather than via a cable.

Not sure which formats the iPad will play.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Alternative video players (GPlayer, et al.) can also play AVI, MKV, and more. You upload videos to them in iTunes by dragging them to the player's file area in the Apps section.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
B

Blobq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.

So for the videos (CBT nuggets to view Cisco training) these are in wmv format. Do I just need to get a different video
Player on my iPad ? If so what do you recommend and is it just a case of dragging the files the the app section?

Most reactions

Latest posts