What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to import pics from ftp into Photos Album on Ipad?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know you can use the app Photo-Sort to FTP photos from your [Windows] PC to that app. From there, you can then move the photos into the stock Photo app.

Is that close enough? If so, Photo-Sort is in the App Store for $1.99 (USD). Great little app, one of my favorites/most used.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no direct way to get photos from an FTP server into the Photos app.

Marilyn's method with Photo-Sort will work fine if you want the photos in the Photos app, but will not let you place them in a specific album. There are a number of other apps that will let you do this also, but you may find you like the Photo-Sort app, since it lets you create and display albums without resorting to iTunes or the Photos app.

But, if you really need the photos in the Photos app, and in an album, your only choice is to copy them to a computer first, then sync them through iTunes.

iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Syncing photos via iTunes

We have some hopes that iOS 5, due sometime in the fall, will change this. Though I doubt it will be as versatile an organizer as Photo-Sort or the other some of the other third party apps available.

OP
F

Fyl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn and twerppoet. Will take a look at the app. Tq

Most reactions

Latest posts