What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naming imported photo albums

kikimdiaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my Ipad2 and I imported photos from my camera. The albums are labeled " imported" and "last imported". How can I change the names of the albums?
Kiki

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the file organization features of the iPad are severely restricted. You've encountered the problem with photos but if you work with other types of files you'll encounter similar problems.

I haven't imported photos directly to the iPad from a camera. However, I have run into the broader issue of trying to organize photos in separate "albums." The short answer is that you need to get your photos on a computer and organize them into appropriately named folders there. At that point you can use iTunes to sync the folders and their associated content on your computer with the iPad.

Yes, I know this is ridiculous. Hopefully iOS 5.0 coming in the fall will alleviate the problem but that's not clear (at least to me.)

OP
K

kikimdiaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I agree with you that the process to name albums is ridiculous. I hope that it will be resolved.

Most reactions

Latest posts