What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I transfer media files from an iPhone to an iPad specific app using FTP??

peranoia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I want to send photos by ftp from my iphone to an app called Sortshots in my ipad. This app Sortshots, admits ftp transfer.
The ftp server (iPad) instructions say only to enter this info in the ftp client: 192.168.0.192 and port 8080. No user or password is mentioned.

I bought an app called Ftp client pro for in my iPhone. I write this on Ftp Client Pro: ftp: // 192.168.0.192:8080. I guess this type of connection is anonymous, so i leave the user and password empty (as i do when i connect from filezilla in my mac, which works just fine). But it says always that there is a problem with the user or password.

I contacted with the developer of the Ftp client, and he doesn't know the reason.

So, anybody knows if what i'm pretending is something impossible? Or maybe some another app can do this? Which one, please?

I know that there are some other good apps for ftp clients, like Ftp on the go. If someone has it, can you test it please? is it possible ftp from iPhone to iPad?

thank u very much

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there should be a setting on the FTP server software to allow anonymous logins. You have to set it up as it is closed by default. It's been a dogs age since I played with FTP so I really can't offer more help.

Except to say that you have the software the wrong way around. If you are sending the files from your iPhone, that needs to be the server, as the server stores the info. The client logs into the server and pulls the info.

I remember now why I stopped playing with FTP. That made my head hurt. Hope it helps.

OP
P

peranoia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for the reply.
In deed, the iPad app must be the server, because my purpose is to send photos directly to the app (sortshots) without having to pass through the library or another app. And in this app is not possible to change any settings about ftp connection.
It makes my head hurt too.

thank u again

Most reactions

Latest posts