What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change default when connected to Mac?

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I connect my iPad to my Mac, iPhoto opens as default. How do I change this so iTunes opens as default?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know on windows, when you plug in iPad into iTunes, at the bottom of the summary page, it has a checkbook to open iTunes when the iPad is connected.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't want iphoto to launch, open the image capture app, & under preferences select what you want to happen when a camera is connected. iPhoto will only launch if you have pics in your camera roll, maybe move the pics to another folder as well.

When your iPad is connected, on the summary page there will be an option to check to open iTunes automatically when iPhone connects.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
M

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFrog said:
If you don't want iphoto to launch, open the image capture app, & under preferences select what you want to happen when a camera is connected. iPhoto will only launch if you have pics in your camera roll, maybe move the pics to another folder as well.

When your iPad is connected, on the summary page there will be an option to check to open iTunes automatically when iPhone connects.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

On my iTunes summary page, the option for opening iTunes automatically is grayed out and non-responsive.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you followed my, and other's, advice to prevent auto syncing (in iTunes Preferences, under the Devices tab), then the auto launch is disabled too.

I'm afraid it is all or nothing. Launch and sync, or no launch at all.

But you can prevent iPhoto from opening. Besides iFrog's suggestion (which also works, since it sets the same system preference) you can change this in iPhoto's preferences. In the General tab set Connecting camera opens: to No application.

Most reactions

Latest posts