What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many hours your ipad is used.

How many hours per day do you use your iPad?

• 0-4

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • 4-8

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • 8-12 or more.

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes I get "lost" and will be on it for much longer than I realize! Addiction? I voted in the 0-4 hour category but every once in awhile it might be longer. I dont use a laptop anymore since getting an iPad so some of this time is for "work"???

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using it less and less as each day goes along..

It's turned into a very expensive newspaper! Used to be 6 or so hours a day.. now, I'd say probably 5 days out of the week it gets used, for about 1-2hr per day

CHSeifert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Websurf + Email: 1-2 hours a day
Bookreading: 30 minutes a day
Misc. : 30 minutes a day

Total: 2-3 hours a day :)

----
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use mine to stream radio with the TuneIn Radio app and I listen to a few podcasts. That takes up about 3 - 4 hrs a day.

Then I have the GPSDrive app.. That lets me use it as a regular GPS unit. I have it running whenever I'm behind the wheel. I also have the iPad connected to my radio. That lets me use the iPod app to listen my music library while I'm driving.

I got the iPad primarily to do mobile browsing. I do a fair bit when I'm away from home.. That includes reading news, checking stocks, etc.. If I add that in, I'm up to 5-6 hours a day.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not quite 4 hour, but probably a good two. But definitely every day. At work I take a quick note, but it's not like hours, but then I might reference a material I have stored there too, so it all depends. I use it in bits and pieces. Surf, do something else. Read an e-book; then put my laundry away. But then there are times I'm on iPad for an hour straight reading a book or surfing, so I would say I average more than an hour, but less than 4.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8-12 on average. It's the first thing I use in the morning, starting with it functioning as my alarm clock (app: nightstand). Next I check the news, my schedule, this site :p, ..

Throughout the day, I'll check my email, see what's new in the AppStore, read a digital magazine, check this site again :), ..

Read a book or two to my 5 year old, play some games with her, play some games myself, surf the web, and yes.. visit this site once more before turning in for the night.

ipadforums.net alone has added at least an hour or two of iPad usage each day since discovering. Lots of useful info and topics to read/participate in. Like my user rank says.. I really am an iPad junkie!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tricky one to give an honest answer as some days used more than others due to circumstances.
It really is the grab and go device. Often I'll be doing something on my desktop and I'll grab the iPad, check a manual, or evernote, or look something up online.

Usually in the evening the battery level varies between 60 and 20 depending how many family members around.

Lashab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ummmm at the moment I say maybe between 4 and 8 hours; but closer to 8 hours time passes by so quickly when you are in good company on the iPad

DanTrueman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had my iPad for some months now, so novelty is wearing off a little. Neverthless, still using it for about 2 hours per day.

Most reactions

Latest posts