How Invincible is iPadOS?

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by SPROINGY, Nov 15, 2020.

1. SPROINGY

SPROINGY
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I had believed that iPadOS (or iOS generally) in and of itself, provided all the protection the user needed. Now I have my doubts about the correctness of that.

- Can someone please tell me how invincible iOS/iPadOS really are? iCloud too, for that matter.

- A VPN is a must-have (JMHO), but if the user is using an iPad on a public WiFi network, is more software needed for security/protection? If so, any recommendations?

Thank You

2. Aerofly

Aerofly
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I would say if you are using a good VPN when you’re using public wifi, then you’re going to be pretty safe. In that situation I would say yes, a VPN is a must have.
    I don’t really see the need for any other software except perhaps an ad blocker, but that’s more fore convenience rather than security.

3. SPROINGY

SPROINGY
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Aerofly, thanks for your info. So, what you’re saying is that with an iOS/iPadOS Apple machine, no need for any concern re: malware and all that similar nasty stuff, therefore no need for any protective software.

I’ll take your word for it. Thanks again. :)

4. Aerofly

Aerofly
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Quite right, that’s why I said use a good VPN, as there are loads of questionable ones out there.

I personally use Nord VPN which, from all of the independent reviews, is one of the best.

A subscription covers all of my devices, iOS, iPadOS, and Windows, and doesn’t seem to have too much of a detrimental effect on streaming speed or connection speed, although I’ve found my Windows machine can take a little while to connect.

Steve