What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Invincible is iPadOS?

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had believed that iPadOS (or iOS generally) in and of itself, provided all the protection the user needed. Now I have my doubts about the correctness of that.

- Can someone please tell me how invincible iOS/iPadOS really are? iCloud too, for that matter.

- A VPN is a must-have (JMHO), but if the user is using an iPad on a public WiFi network, is more software needed for security/protection? If so, any recommendations?

Thank You

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I would say if you are using a good VPN when you’re using public wifi, then you’re going to be pretty safe. In that situation I would say yes, a VPN is a must have.
I don’t really see the need for any other software except perhaps an ad blocker, but that’s more fore convenience rather than security.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aerofly, thanks for your info. So, what you’re saying is that with an iOS/iPadOS Apple machine, no need for any concern re: malware and all that similar nasty stuff, therefore no need for any protective software.

I’ll take your word for it. Thanks again. :)

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
People should consider that the way some VPNs offer blazing fast speeds is too skimp on other luxuries like auto-connect and even streaming for example.

Quite right, that’s why I said use a good VPN, as there are loads of questionable ones out there.

I personally use Nord VPN which, from all of the independent reviews, is one of the best.

A subscription covers all of my devices, iOS, iPadOS, and Windows, and doesn’t seem to have too much of a detrimental effect on streaming speed or connection speed, although I’ve found my Windows machine can take a little while to connect.

Steve

Most reactions