What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Important is 64 vs 256 Memory?

inopethflames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was going to preorder the 256 ipad pro 2 12.9" from best buy and get a $50 gift certificate for 'free' along with it, but they dont allow shipping on that for some reason, and its apparently sold out at the stores near me. but i see they do still have in stock the 64 memory version.

i have the 32 gb memory 5 yr old ipad and ive never really had any memory issues, and the new one is double that, plus $100 cheaper, i think that would be probably fine for me, i would rather just get the 256 but its out and i dunno how long itll be out for, plus ill lose out on the $50 gift card if i dont pre-order one today, and they will ship the 64 mem version.

its not anything for work that would need lots of memory for professional programs or anything and i usually just play about 2-3 games on it as pretty much the only main downloaded stuff aside from a little bit of comixology, so should i just get the 64 version or would i be better off losing the $50 and waiting for the 256 version to come back in at my area. thanks.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This 64gb 256gb isn't about memory it's about storage. So regardless which one you get it will run just as good. The problem will be if you decide to store a lot of videos, music, pictures, games, etc... on it then you can run out of storage and find yourself constantly deleting off stuff to add more stuff. Again no biggie but just a decision you will have to make.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you can’t increase the storage capacity of an iPad, you should get one with as much storage capacity as you can afford. Having more than you need is better than being caught with too little capacity for your needs.

Most reactions

Latest posts