My perfect iPad. What would you change?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Wrxified, May 17, 2010.

1. Bluenik25

Bluenik25
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Forward facing Web cam

320 GB Storage capacity

Full iTunes with the ability to sync with iPods.

Powered USB Port with no restrictions

SDXC Card reader

Cheaper Price Points

Unlimited 3G Data Plans

2. winwaed

winwaed
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    • Wifi that isn't dropped at every opportunity
    • Open software system
    • Wifi that doesn't "suck"

Yes I'm having wifi problems!!!

Richard

3. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, lots of people want that, and I hope Apple doesn't listen to them. People tend to ask more and more of these devices, making them more and more complex - then they start bit-er, complaining about how they bloated and unreliable.

The cleverness of the iPad is that it's simple and pared down. Imagine that all cars had the same start-up procedure of a plane. Tons of gauges, dozens of checks, whether you're heading across country or down to the local McDonalds. You'd want something simpler for those times when you don't need all that equipment.

That's what the iPad gives you. No, it doesn't do everything a laptop can, but it also doesn't have the same learning curve, resource requirements, and other shortcomings that you get. It's a de net trade-off, IMO.

My wishes are small. More capacity, but that's pretty much a given anyway. Scroll keys or even the ability to use the shift key to reverse the direction of the delete key, so you aren't stuck with backspacing. No multitasking, no bigger display, no bells, no whistles. :ipad-keyboard:

4. Laren

Laren
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I would like to see a way to display photos in alphanumeric order and cursor keys to move the cursor in text fields.

5. Rasputina

Rasputina
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I'm perfectly happy with it as is. I have no desire to share my ipad with anyone and don't need or want multiple user accounts. We each have our own desktop computers at home too.

Don't need any sort of camera, I don't video chat.

I only print on my desktop at most a couple times a year, I don't need the ability on ipad

I sort my apps myself, it's really not hard.

I have a killer free weather app, I don't have a need to follow stocks hourly or daily.

If I wanted a bigger screen I use the macbook pro

6. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I've had a lot of people ask me about printing, which is odd; it's been at least a year since I printed something at home. I wonder if people asking for this function would really use it all that often.

7. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I love my iPad, and there isn't much I would change. Would like better organization for apps, but 4.0 will bring that. And direct wireless printing would be nice, though not something that I need often.

8. USBill

USBill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I didn't see a stock market applet that was free. Which one are you thinking of?

I really wish that they would put iPad versions up for the clock, weather and stocks applets. There's no reason they couldn't be optional, like the iBook reader.

9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Any word on a "find" function in Safari?

10. john

john
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't want to jail break and those that say I should use a pc... I understand however, id like a pointer device. Sometimes I have it upright and I dontnwant to reach up and touch the screen.

So let me use a magic mouse. Front/rear facing camera.

Expandable memory.

File management. Tighter integration with "the cloud" regarding file storage and integration from the os so that apps can store and access files easily from "the cloud".

#20 john, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010