What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you download a video directly to iPad from any web site after purchase

davidjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm helping someone sell a video .mov format H.264

From the iPad they go to the web site and buy it and then download it.

It plays but doesn't seem to save it to the hard disk ie they can't play it anytime them want.

How does one download a video after purchase directly to the
iPad to that it can be played over and over again.

Do they need a special app?

Thank-you
David j.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is possible, for sure. Unfortunately, the program that I'm aware of is no longer available. VLC would have done exactly what you require. Let's hope there are others. You need the capability to download to Safari, then to "Open in..." the app. That will preserve it.

Over to other members now, because I have VLC, so I've never looked for any other solution.

D

dvdcatalyst

Hi,

I'm helping someone sell a video .mov format H.264

From the iPad they go to the web site and buy it and then download it.

It plays but doesn't seem to save it to the hard disk ie they can't play it anytime them want.

How does one download a video after purchase directly to the
iPad to that it can be played over and over again.

Do they need a special app?

Thank-you
David j.

If you download it through the webbrowser, or from an email, it will end up being downloaded in the cache of the app you used.

One option would be to create your own iPad app, and use something like in-app purchases to purchase and download the video in the app itself.

Another option would be to keep the video on the site and stream it. Just make sure that the "faststart" atom is enabled in your MOV video file. But of course with streaming, the video will not be available offline.

Most reactions

Latest posts