What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I transfer a Mac mini app to IPad??

Goobs10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help as this is driving me mental. I have downloaded an application from the Internet called TVMC which is a movie streaming application. I have downloaded the Mac version and dragged it across into applications on my Mac mini. It seems you have to do it this way as you can't download it straight to iPad. For the life of me I can't figure out how to sync/transfer this app to my iPad. I have tried doing it through iTunes but all it is doing is transferring the apps on my iPad into iTunes. Please help. Thanks

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There doesn't appear to be a TVMC app for iOS. The TV Addons site only lists apps for the Mac, Android, Windows, and Fire TV.

Apps for the Mac, even the Mac Mini, will not run on iOS. That's why you can't transfer them.

The site does offer a solution for their XMBC app (I'm not sure what the difference is), but it requires a jailbroken device. That's probably more trouble than you're willing to go through, but you can read up on jailbreaking in the hacking section of this forum. There should be overview and current news in the sticky posts (blue highlighted posts at the top of the thread lists).

OP
G

Goobs10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. It's bloody annoying. Things like this make me wanna sell my iPad and buy an android tablet which allows so much more freedom to do things.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. It's bloody annoying. Things like this make me wanna sell my iPad and buy an android tablet which allows so much more freedom to do things.
You'll more than likely run into the same problem on Android unless the developers offered a comparable app designed to run on the Android platform. This is a platform issue, not an iPad issue.

OP
G

Goobs10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded it on my Galaxy note 2 android phone and it works.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. The developer made an app for Android.

Apparently there is either something the app can't do on standard iOS (without jailbreaking) or the app violates the App Store's policies. Given the nature of the app it could go either way, or even both.

Most reactions

Latest posts