1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to transfer meditations from iMac to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by sue.block195, Apr 20, 2014.

1. sue.block195

sue.block195 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a Mac ( mavericks) and the latest iPad mini.

I download some meditations to my Mac and now would like to transfer them to my iPad.

as I am not very tech savvy be grateful for step by step instructions.

I have the iTunes app iTunes U on my iPad

thank you

sue
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    It should be easy to get the files to the iPad. All you need is an app that can "read" the meditations file.

So, please tell us,what type of file your meditations are made of (.mp3, .pdf, .wav, etc). Hopefully, they are in a common enough format we can then help you get them into the right app on your iPad.

Marilyn
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sue.block195

sue.block195 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Marilyn

I have attached a screen shot of the downloaded meditations. It looks like a MP3 audio

Attached Files:

4. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    As those files are MP3 files, have you tried using iTunes (on your Mac) to sync them to the Music app on your iPad?

To do, connect the iPad to iTunes and go to the Music tab. Then, check the box to sync selected songs and pick the ones you want. After you've finished selecting, click the Sync button (it may say Apply) at the bottom right to have iTunes transfer the files.

Then, once they are on your iPad, you can access them via the stock Music app (the one with the note on it).

Marilyn
  5. sue.block195

sue.block195 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Marilyn

I drag the download folder containing the meditations to my iTunes ( music) on my mac - see them on the attachment.

However. My iPad is connected to my computer. Unable to see the " apply" or sync button anywhere on the screen.

What am I missing?

Attached Files:

6. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    After looking at your picture, it appears to me as if your iPad is not connected to iTunes. Granted, I've got a PC and you've got a Mac, but I think iTunes looks the same...

Here's a screenshot of my iTunes with the iPad connected:

[​IMG]

In the upper right, I have a button for the iPad. When I tap on that button, I get this view:

[​IMG]

This is the main summary view. Then, when you click on the Music tab at the top, you get this:

[​IMG]

This is where you sync your music. If you click on the box to "Sync Music," you'll get the opportunity to select the music you want. Once you select your music, that button at the bottom right titled "Sync" will have changed (I think) to "Apply." Click that button and iTunes will put those MP3s on your iPad.

Hope these help.

Marilyn