What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer meditations from iMac to iPad

sue.block195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Mac ( mavericks) and the latest iPad mini.

I download some meditations to my Mac and now would like to transfer them to my iPad.

as I am not very tech savvy be grateful for step by step instructions.

I have the iTunes app iTunes U on my iPad

thank you

sue

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be easy to get the files to the iPad. All you need is an app that can "read" the meditations file.

So, please tell us,what type of file your meditations are made of (.mp3, .pdf, .wav, etc). Hopefully, they are in a common enough format we can then help you get them into the right app on your iPad.

Marilyn

OP
S

sue.block195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn

I have attached a screen shot of the downloaded meditations. It looks like a MP3 audio

Attachments

• Meditations.png
    Meditations.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 240

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As those files are MP3 files, have you tried using iTunes (on your Mac) to sync them to the Music app on your iPad?

To do, connect the iPad to iTunes and go to the Music tab. Then, check the box to sync selected songs and pick the ones you want. After you've finished selecting, click the Sync button (it may say Apply) at the bottom right to have iTunes transfer the files.

Then, once they are on your iPad, you can access them via the stock Music app (the one with the note on it).

Marilyn

OP
S

sue.block195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn

I drag the download folder containing the meditations to my iTunes ( music) on my mac - see them on the attachment.

However. My iPad is connected to my computer. Unable to see the " apply" or sync button anywhere on the screen.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• iTunes.png
    iTunes.png
    456.3 KB · Views: 228

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After looking at your picture, it appears to me as if your iPad is not connected to iTunes. Granted, I've got a PC and you've got a Mac, but I think iTunes looks the same...

Here's a screenshot of my iTunes with the iPad connected:

neva2yry.jpg

In the upper right, I have a button for the iPad. When I tap on that button, I get this view:

6edyhyde.jpg

This is the main summary view. Then, when you click on the Music tab at the top, you get this:

ehupu3u8.jpg

This is where you sync your music. If you click on the box to "Sync Music," you'll get the opportunity to select the music you want. Once you select your music, that button at the bottom right titled "Sync" will have changed (I think) to "Apply." Click that button and iTunes will put those MP3s on your iPad.

Hope these help.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts