1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How do I get rid of the sound effects icon in the middle

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by nancyt, Mar 17, 2012.

1. nancyt

nancyt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone help me get rid of the sound effects icon that is in the middleof my screen? This little old lady is getting exasperated looking at the annoying little thing and it's interfering with my games!!!
  2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,284 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

We've had reports of this happening by other members try a Restart/Reset and see how you go.
    Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.
    Let us know if this gets rid of it.

Please do not post twice on an issue, as well as being against our Rules it leads to confusion, I have deleted your other thread and shall move this to our Help Section where it will receive a better response.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
    Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
    http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
    2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
    We have rules like any Community so please read these also
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!
  3. the diva

the diva iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This did not work for me. The sound effects icon is still here after following these instructions.
  4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,284 / 0
    Have you had your iPad connected to either a Bluetooth keyboard or headphones at all? If you pull the headphones out without stopping the music first this can lead to sound problems. Sound can also be turned off by some keyboards.
  5. d4vidb4rt01

d4vidb4rt01 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm having the same problem. Don't do anything to scratch or dent the iPad, because it'll void the warrantee.
  6. Midranger4

Midranger4 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    If your volume rocker switch is jammed the sound icon stays on the screen.

Try moving volume up and down, make sure the switch is responding properly and returning to its neutral position when released.
  7. Wizee

Wizee iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    try turning the mute button on and off a few times. I had mind stuck and this solved my problem